DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
As a fast-growing ed-tech startup, data-driven decision-making is critical to our success. As a Data Scientist - Analytics, you will report to the Director of Analytics, and simultaneously be embedded in one of the several cross-functional teams across product, marketing, finance, and sales.
You will be the data voice in the room and help teams define, compute, track, and monitor key metrics. You will analyze vast troves of data, craft compelling data narratives, and create insightful reports and dashboards to empower your teams to make impactful business decisions. You will influence changes by bringing data to the table, and promoting data-driven development and decision-making. You will collaborate with a strong team of software engineers, data scientists, data engineers, product managers, and marketers, leveraging DataCamp's rich data and state-of-the-art data science infrastructure. Some of the projects that data scientists drive are:
- Improve learner engagement and efficacy.
- Drive growth and marketing ROI.
- Build marketing attribution and incrementality models.
- Improve marketing campaign performance.
- Research, track and analyze data across the customer journey.
- Define, compute and monitor business metrics
- Build queries, analyses, and dashboards for key metrics.
- Track, report, monitor, and investigate trends in key metrics.
- Analyze conversion funnels and identify optimization opportunities.
- Create data-driven narratives to drive business decisions.
- Creatively explore data to discover and prioritize improvements.
- Design, analyze, and compute metrics for A/B tests.
What we're looking for
- A passion for DataCamp's mission of data literacy.
- 3+ years of experience in analytics/data science.
- 2+ years experience in product analytics or marketing analytics.
- Highly skilled in SQL, R (Tidyverse) and Python are a plus.
- Demonstrable skills in creative problem solving with strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity and curiosity about the business metrics.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to come to rigorous and defensible solutions to complex and open-ended problems.
- Strong storytelling skills with a track record of presenting detailed analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- A generous Learning and development budget. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we're serious—we're pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We're making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret not being able to provide sponsorship for this role.