Overview:Responsible for design, development, and maintenance of business analytics applications. Utilizes data modeling, predictive analytics and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from data to advance and support the organization.Responsibilities:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Develops, maintains, and scales predictive, descriptive, and statistical models for organizational advancement
- Partners with IT and Business Intelligence teams to insure data science outputs are operationalized and deployed to the business departments to increase the velocity of insights across the organization
- Performs analysis within business departments to advance organizational decisions
- Collects and cleans data for modeling and analysis
- Manages a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field and two (2) years’ relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn new technologies, analytics approaches, and business processes
- Experience with machine learning applications for both supervised and unsupervised learning use cases
- Ability to deploy and maintain data science technologies
- Proven competency working with a core Advanced Analytics toolsets: Python, Azure Machine Learning, SPSS Modeler, R ect.
- Understanding of SQL concepts and comfortable with relational databases and able to collect data and clean data
- High level analytical research, statistical, and problem solving skills to analyze data for trends and patterns, and interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Experience using interactive data visualization technologies such as Tableau
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to adhere to deadlines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Functions involve the ability to exert light physical effort usually involving some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). May involve some climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, walking or standing.ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may
encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Functions are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as inclement weather, atmospheric elements and pathogenic substances. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.