Full Time - 100% Remote Job Opportunity
On behalf of our client in the financial services sector, TEKsystems is seeking a Senior Data Engineer for a direct full-time placement opportunity!
As a Senior Data Engineer, your primary role will be to build and optimize foundational data marts, which will support reporting and analysis across the Risk Department, and other areas in the organization. This will include building data pipeline architecture, data flows, data transformations and clear documentation. This client is transitioning their data warehouse and analytics to Azure cloud and Databricks analytics platform
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and manage large, complex data sets that meet business requirements and serve as the foundation behind analytics and management reporting, informing critical decision making across the organization.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, including optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data, leveraging Databricks notebooks, Apache Spark (SQL, Python, Scala) and other Microsoft Azure or open source tools as required.
- Maintain high quality documentation about data structures in shared data governance tool for the business to access.
- Collaborate with data owners, data stewards, analysts, software developers and DBAs.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders to interpret, research and resolve data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, ideally in Big Data
- Experience with Apache Spark, Python, SQL or relational databases, Hadoop, Databricks and data pipeline management in Spark for batch and streaming
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Experience building table infrastructure, data marts, analytics process, data pipelines including data streaming
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Results Focus: Self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively in a cross-functional team.
- Strong organizational skill and extreme attention to detail, strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills.
What’s In It For You:
- Robust health insurance including individual and family Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Peace of mind with Life and AD&D Insurance
- Protect yourself with company paid Long-Term Disability
- Save on taxes with Flexible Spending Accounts
- Relax and recharge with Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Financial health with 401k plus employer match up to 4%
- 6 paid holidays per year plus 1 paid floating holiday to use at your convenience
- We invest in your future through Tuition Reimbursement and ongoing Learning & Development
- Take care of your well-being through Wellness perks
spark, databricks, sql, big data, data, data engineer, python, azure, scala, data mart, data structure, database, apache spark, hadoop, software engineering, erpss
Top Skills Details:
1) 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer (Big Data) role
2) Hands-on professional experience with Databricks and Apache Spark
3) experience programming with SQL, Python or Scala
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.