Baylor Genetics is an industry leader in genetics testing looking to bring our technology in line with our scientific excellence. We believe the strength of our network can drive value to all parts of our organization. The company continues to grow rapidly and services major medical centers, individual physicians, and genetic counselors across the entire US. We are at the forefront of genetics testing research and are working to bring our products to many new customers.
We believe a strong data intelligence group is fundamental in allowing our business and our users to accomplish what is necessary for us to be successful. To maintain a quality data intelligence team requires a strong technological foundation, with a focus on best practices, allowing for an adaptable, extensible, fault-tolerant architecture that drives value into our organization.
This role requires curiosity, attention to detail, technical expertise, and the ability to coordinate and communicate with all levels of technologists and the business. Someone who loves to learn and teach would be ideal for this role.
If you feel you want to be part of the challenge of creating a world class data intelligence organization that drives a cutting-edge business, we are looking for an Artificial Intelligence Engineer to join a growing team that will work in improving the way our organization accomplishes its goals.
The team has a strong focus on Delivery & Stability and closely collaborates with all business units to iterate on improving its success metrics.
- Collect data through means such as analyzing business results or by setting up and managing new studies
- Transfer data into a new format to make it more appropriate for analysis
- Create new, experimental frameworks to collect data
- Build tools to automate data collection
- Search through large data sets for usable information
- Create reports and presentations for business users
- Correlate similar data to find actionable results
You might be a good fit for this role if you
- Perform data profiling and data analysis for any source systems and the target data repositories
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns
- Have experience closely collaborating with development, infrastructure, and management teams
- Help define automated AI/ML pipeline for both training and runtime predictions
- Know how to design, diagram, and present high-level and detailed versions of infrastructure architecture
- Recognize the importance and be able to generate excellent documentation and diagrams
- Can balance idealism and pragmatism in a fast-paced work environment
- Possess self-management skills with a continuous improvement mindset
- Pay attention to detail and constantly drive to deliver value
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative team where everyone works together to improve our organization and our own skill set
- Are excited to learn new technologies and practices that can drive an organization into the future
It’s not expected that you have expertise in all these areas. We’re looking for professional engineers, who can quickly learn and adapt as our systems and situation changes, rather than a rigid skillset
Baylor Genetics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Baylor Genetics conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.