A once in a lifetime opportunity has become available for an Azure Data Engineer in one of South Africa’s top IT industry.
- BSC Degree OR relevant technology advanced diploma at NQF level 7.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate qualification (AZ-103)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate (DP200 – 201).
- MCITP/MCSE or equivalent certifications/experience demonstrating cloud/networking/infrastructure knowledge.
Knowledge and skills
- Networking and Infrastructure knowledge, with applied experience
- A working knowledge of technologies such as Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, SQL Server and TCP/IP
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure services, functions and components: Azure SQL; Azure Data Lake; Azure Data Factory; Databricks; DevOps; LogicApps, Data Gateways.
- Similar work experience at another large corporate and / or relevant IT experience
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- 10+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure big data technologies.
- Work with various project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Let us take your CAREER to the next level!
Our innovative strategy and continuous streamlining of processes ensure we stand out from our competitors.
For more exciting positions visit our website www.higherintelligence.co.za or give the specialist recruitment consultant a call on JHB 011 -442-0633.
Please note if you have not received feedback within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.