We could make smartphones, rockets or sports cars… but we make what we do best for the past 100 years – paper and packaging products that people depend on every day. Join us to discover I
ossibilities that we offer at International Paper.
EMEA Data Scientist
Why this is job for you
International Paper has embarked on a path of disruptive technology to make the company more agile, efficient and effective using the latest techniques of industry 4.0.
We will rely more on insightful data to power our systems and solutions. We’re seeking an experienced data scientist to deliver that insight to us on a daily basis. Our ideal team member will have a mathematical and statistical expertise, but also a natural curiosity and creative mindset, thinking out-of-the-box. As you mine, interpret, and structure data, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—all with the ultimate goal of realizing the data’s full potential. You will support, in local facilities, a team of multidisciplinary specialists, but will “slice and dice” data using your own methods, creating new visions for the future.
You will be responsible for
- Collaborating with manufacturing/product design/management & functional groups to develop an understanding of needs
- Researching and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Communicating findings to stakeholders
- Enabling smarter business processes - and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Structuring, developing and optimizing data lake and data engines
- Keeping current with technical and industry developments
- Leading specific pilot projects
- Implementing analytical models into production by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders (software developers and machine learning engineers).
- Communicating analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Science
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and programming languages (i.e., Java/Python, SAS)
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Comfort working in a dynamic, results oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Openness to regular travel (30-50%)
The information necessary in the recruitment process is: name, surname, contact details, education, previous employment record and qualifications.
Any supplementary information you provide is processed on the basis of your consent.
For The Purpose Of Application To The Position Specified In The Job Posting We Ask You To Place The Following Statement In Your Application
“I, hereby, consent to the processing of my personal data contained in the application for the job by International Paper Polska Sp. z o.o for the purpose and to the extent necessary in the recruitment process.”
If You Want To Take Part Not Only In The Recruitment Process For The Job Position You Applied For But In Future Recruitment Processes As Well, We Ask You To Place The Following Statement In Your Application
„I, hereby, consent to the processing of my personal data contained in the application for the job by International Paper Polska Sp. z o.o for the purpose and to the extent necessary in the current recruitment process and in the future recruitment processes as well.”