wefox is Europe’s leading InsurTech that is reinventing insurance at scale, with a record-breaking Series C funding round of $650 million in 2021, making it the largest funding round of any InsurTech to date.
wefox is revolutionising insurance by empowering the customer and delivering personalised experiences, driven by data. Our vision is to enable people to be safe. By providing our customers 360 degree advice through our network of advisors, we optimise each individual's risk coverage through innovative prevention, assistance and insurance products.Role:
We are currently looking for a machine learning engineer to join our team in Paris. The team is the wefox’s Advanced Innovation Team and our focus, as a cross-functional team, is to leverage machine learning to improve the customer experience, and to deliver innovative products like risk detection and risk prevention. As a machine learning engineer you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of the development with the responsibility of machine learning models development: data exploration, state of the art and model architecture, implementation, training, inference/serving, optimization, monitoring and maintenance.Responsibilities:
What you bring:
- Design, implement, deploy, with your agile team, distributed, high-volume, high-performance, low-latency machine learning models.
- Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle, and take ownership of your models: from first data exploration and state of the art to the maintenance and monitoring of models in production.
- Participate in data exploration and data cleaning to build reproducible, versioned datasets.
- Train high performance models in a reproducible environment.
- Optimize models for low latency and performance.
- Participate in the deployment of models in production.
- Monitor, maintain and improve model performances in production.
- Write good designed, testable and efficient code for pre and post processing.
- Integrate your models and code in CI/CD environments.
- Work closely with product owners, devops, and quality assurance in an agile cross-functional team.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work on a variety of different projects with a typical duration of 3 to 8 months
- Bring your own ideas through our ideation process.
- Have a strategic and continuous improvement mentality.
- Love for new technologies and continuous learning.
What we offer:
- Strong knowledge of machine learning architectures: fully connected, CNN, LSTM, transformers…
- Experience in one (or more) of the following fields: computer vision, natural language processing, audio processing, time series, anomaly detection...
- Good development skills in Python. C/C++ and/or Rust would be a plus.
- Strong interest in software development.
- Experience with Docker, AWS, kubernetes, build and CI/CD tools would be a plus.
- Experience with relational and non-relational DB.
- Experience in code optimization is a plus
- Experience in understanding product requirements.
- Embrace ownership, autonomy and agile methodology.
- Good English proficiency (Work in international environment).
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!Here are some of them:
- Private Health and Life Insurance.
- Flexible working hours including some days remote option (after COVID).
- 26 working days of vacation + Flexidays (RTT) + 24th and 31st December.
- Seniority days: one day of extra holiday per employment year starting from the 2nd anniversary in the company (up to 30 days total holidays).
- Pension plan.
- Lunch vouchers.
- Discounted fitness memberships.
- 50% of your public transport costs reimbursed.
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets.
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel! (after COVID).
- Grants for training and coaching.
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
Your contact person for this role is Godwin Udongwo
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.