Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. In addition ASML produces metrology tools and advanced applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process. At Business Line Applications, we develop Analytics & Control solutions that improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as overlay, focus, critical dimension) as measured on the end product of a fab process (wafers with chip structures).Role And Responsibilities
ASML is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Analytics & Visualization team. We are interested in engineers with strong knowledge and experience in building Data Intensive Applications (DIA’s) in an industrial/enterprise environment. You are expected to handle data from various data sources and determine how best to structure the data in order to provide data in a ready-to-use form to data analysts that are looking to run queries and algorithms against the information for predictive & prescriptive analytics through machine learning. You will design and implement robust scalable data pipelines on the ecosystems existing in ASML and at our customers. You are expected to write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, and provide solutions for ensuring long-term quality and integrity of the data.
The vacancy aims at supporting the development of novel data analytics, visualizations and control solutions by cutting edge techniques from Machine Learning and Data Mining. Successful methodologies aim to be included in ASML customer applications.
Will you be our next talented data engineer to join the team responsible for creating applications that aids our customers to keep the machines in their Semiconductor Fabs optimally running during chip production. This could be your next ultimate job, so if you would like to join us - please apply!Education And Experience
M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- Experience in having build DIA’s in an industrial/enterprise environment
- Experienced in software development (strong coding and testing skills)
- IT related knowledge is considered a pre
- Familiar languages include Python, Java, etc.
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational (document, columnar, graph) database architectures Experience with frameworks from the big data ecosystem’s (Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc)
- Experience with orchestration & containerization is a plus (Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos DC/OS)
- Strong ability to communicate and negotiate designs of data pipelines with Data Architects and Data Scientists
Highly valued qualifications & experiences:
- Experience working on practical applications using real-world datasets
- Hands-on with different data formats (CSV, XML, ARVO, TXT, JSON, etc.)
- Familiarity with statistical languages like R and/or Matlab
- Handle, analyze and visualize complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
- Enthusiastic and intrinsically motivated, creative thinker
- Good & proactive communication in an international and multidisciplinary environment
- Taking responsibility, self-propelling
- Goal-oriented and flexible mindset, willing to acquire lithography and other semiconductor manufacturing knowledge
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.Other Information
Our multinational teams are composed of five to seven developers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. We are committed to follow the Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. In all teams we cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible. We use Continuous Integration with GIT, Jira and Bamboo. We move fast to help our customers reach their goals, and we strive to create reliable and well-tested DIA’s, as a failure in our software stack can severely impact customers' operations.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions .
Keywords: Data Science, Data Engineering, Visual Analytics, Data Mining, Hadoop, Spark, HBase, R, ETL, Process Control, Semiconductors, Lithography, Software engineering, Computer science, Agile, Scrum, Java, Product development