Summary of Major Responsibilities:
Data Engineer is responsible for developing and automating data pipelines, cleaning and preparing data, and debugging data issues. They are responsible for monitoring production data sources, resolving issues, and improving system performance. Being knowledgeable of the data generated by business systems, they are a technical resource for analysts and other users of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer assistance and expertise in troubleshooting and resolving data issues.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for production support issue resolution.
- Develop and automate data pipelines.
- Clean and prep data.
- Debug data issues in dashboards, reports, data warehouses, operational data stores, and other disparate data sources.
- Improve monitoring, automated testing, and deployments.
- Be a resource for providing insight, recommendations, and assistance with technical and non-technical questions.
- Monitor and recommend enhancements to the technical architecture to keep pace with changing business demands and scale.
- Lead efforts to analyze, troubleshoot and tune solution performance or deployment issues when required.
- Act as a resource for staff by providing insight, recommendations, and assistance with technical and non-technical questions.
- Promote the role and capabilities of IT to enhance the professional development of all Exact Sciences staff through example, recommendation, and accommodation.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical working day Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 80% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or high school degree/general education diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of experience querying disparate data sources, including relational structures, OLTP systems, and dimensional data models.
- Experience working with SQL for data exploration, debugging, and performant data access.
- Experience designing and developing reports, dashboards, and visualizations, preferably including with Tableau.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Experience with:
- Microsoft EDW/BI/OLAP technologies: SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS.
- Developing dashboards and reports on data from sales, call center, and custom software applications.
- Tableau, ideally including performance optimization.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.