You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Lead technical requirements and design sessions for end to end machine learning analytical pipelines.
- Build, test, deploy and maintain analytical solutions that can be used within retail banking in line with existing ways of working.
- Take the lead in/coach new and improved ways of working.
- Be innovative and think about solutions from a different perspective.
- Coach and lead more junior members of staff in aspects of both technology and process.
- Understand predictive modelling and machine learning techniques and influencing others in key design decisions.
- Explore, apply and teach others in new sources of data, techniques and implementation routes.
- Maintain and update knowledge of Data Science innovation and developments, in particular, optimisation and application development.
- Work in collaboration with other Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Translators to deliver the best solution.
- Ensure the techniques used are appropriate and the tools are best suited for the job, suggesting, coaching and leading alternative methods.
- Demonstrate and define controls within the production environment in line with overarching governance and risk management.
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong experience of using Data Science to tackle business problems preferably with access to Big Data resources
- Substantial background in maths/stats, computer science or operational research
- Strong exposure to retail banking or pricing problems
- Expert Knowledge of using SAS and/or Cloud environments for data management and manipulation.
- Expert Knowledge of using R, Shiny, Python, GIT and JIRA for financial modelling, scenario analysis, optimisation, machine learning and application development.
- Expert Knowledge of using Excel and Visual Basic for financial modelling, scenario analysis and reporting.
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.