The Scientist has a strong ability to understand data relationships, can design efficient data models, and take initiative and ownership of data driven tasks. Additionally the Data Scientist understands the data model within the context of the technical environment and will design a model to leverage the strengths of the technical environment. The Data Scientist is a strong communicator who is eager to learn, endlessly curious, takes pride in hard work and is committed to rapidly advancing his/her career. Additionally, it would be ideal if the Data Scientist has in depth understanding of the mortgage industry.
- Design and build data models in support of Home Lending initiatives
- Design and build structured tables for use in analytics and reporting
- Build algorithms to make joining datasets without unique keys possible
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions
- Create data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy
- Think critically about headwinds facing the business and explore opportunities for analytics
- Partner with business to provide insightful analytics to improve processes
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness
- Support ad hoc needs of colleagues within IT and our operational partners by creating database objects and loading data in support of ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Participate in peer review of requirements and code review
Advanced knowledge required:
- Strong understand of data structure and strong SQL and Python skills (experience building stored procedures and troubleshooting data quality issues)
- Experience working with multiple technologies: Hadoop, Teradata, SAS, & Oracle
- Experience with reporting technologies like Tableau, SSRS, Cognos a plus
- 3 + Years mortgage experience preferred
- College Degree RequiredChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans