Since 2007, Dealer-FX has transformed how automotive retailers manage their service operations and interact with consumers. Through advanced data integrations and mobile technology, Dealer-FX streamlines processes and communication for automotive service departments while delivering convenience, transparency, and trust to consumers. Dealer-FX is a wholly owned subsidiary of Snap-on Incorporated (NYSE: SNA), which acquired Dealer-FX in 2021.
Dealer-FX has been serving automotive OEMs and dealerships for almost a decade. Dealer-FX is transforming how millions of consumers interact with automotive brands and their retailers. Our platform uses advanced data analysis and mobile applications to deliver convenience, transparency, and trust to consumers and increase efficiency, profitability, retention, and brand loyalty to OEMs and dealers.
At Dealer-FX, we put our users first. The automotive landscape and world are constantly changing, so we need Data Engineers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect thousands of people daily.
As a Data Engineer at Dealer-FX, you will be a part of an early-stage team that builds the data transport, collection, and storage services that allow developers to build applications and reports for our end users. We are looking for a Data Engineer to build a scalable data platform. You'll have ownership of our core data pipeline that powers Dealer-FX’s top-line metrics. You will also use data expertise to help evolve data models in several components of the data stack. You will help architect, build, and launch scalable data pipelines to support Dealer-FX’s growing data processing and analytics needs.
Your efforts will allow access to business and user behavior insights, using vast amounts of Dealer-FX data to fuel several teams such as Analytics, Data Science, DFX Products, and many others.
- Own all the aspects of the data warehouse pipelines, ensuring availability, quality, and access to the underlying data
- Drive continuous improvement, including data pipeline design, implementation, automation, and maintenance of enterprise ETL processes
- Create repeatable and scalable code that processes data in an automated and efficient manner to ensure data availability
- Participate in the design and implementation of data models as part of modern data lake, data warehouse, and ETL/ELT approaches
- Design, develop and maintain solutions to source, integrate, transform, cleanse, normalize and expose/present data to stakeholders
- Build testing and monitoring systems that will ensure data quality
- Build documentation around these data assets to ensure accessibility to all of our stakeholders
- Implement access governance of production data systems to ensure compliance with our privacy and security policies
- Help define standards for data retention and destruction, and provide support for audits of data infrastructure for legal compliance
- Combine multiple data sources across all contact center platforms and applications to support advanced analytics products
- Ingest massive volumes of structured and unstructured format data, model, transform and store it in a variety of data stores
- Develop ETLs for analytics solutions using various tools such as Python, SQL and Tableau
- Recommend and influence the adoption of data-related technologies and products
- 3+ years data engineering experience
- 3+ years in cross-functional data teams
- Hands-on experience with Big-data technologies (e.g., Redshift, Snowflake, Athena, Glue, EMR, Kinesis, Step Function, or equivalent in other web services)
- 3+ years using SQL for ETL and data analysis (SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with AWS cloud, SQL/noSQL, Aurora, C/C# and Python
- Successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience with data modelling, data warehousing and database design
- Experience with Python application development, package management, dependencies, and deployment
- Strong technical navigation skills to determine data sources, interpret technical documentation, and communicate requests and project requirements to IT partners
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to translate technical knowledge into business value
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies and experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience designing and building ETL, data pipelines, or data engineering solutions
- Experience and understanding of various ML techniques, including NLP, an asset
- Working knowledge of enterprise data management tools (e.g., Apache Nifi, DBT, Talend, Etc.)
- Knowledge of data visualization software (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, or Qlik) is an asset.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data ecosystem tools (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Spark, BigQuery) and object storage (e.g., Blob, MinIO), an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Vast opportunities for growth
- Competitive compensation packages
- A flexible work schedule for work-life balance
- Comprehensive Training and Development support
- Group health and dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Cool company events and team building
No unsolicited agency referrals
Dealer-FX is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.