Airswift is seeking a Sr. Performance Data Analyst to work with one of our clients in the oil and gas industry in Calgary, AB, on a 12-month contract.
As a senior role, the job requires a degree of influence, mentorship, coaching and guidance to our lesser experienced team members. In addition, the role requires collaboration cross functionally while demonstrating an ability to effectively communicate and influence decision making.
This position requires the ideal candidate to be able to provide strong governance over the finance business processes at the individual manufacturing sites while supporting key business function stakeholders in collecting, consolidating, and reporting on key financial KPIs and performance metrics. An essential part of the role is to maintain networks within the broader downstream operational teams, finance teams and performance networks.
The position requires an ability to identify, plan and implement key improvement initiatives in Finance to improve analysis quality, reduce reporting redundancies, increase productivity and improve cycle time resulting in significant business. The ideal candidate should be able to help the organization identify opportunities for improvement by analyzing data and conducting research.Job Description And Key Deliverables
- Strong business analysis skills: a. Business process improvements (Striving towards standardization and simplification in the reporting cycles) b. Support the delivery of various transformational improvement initiatives for Cenovus, Finance and Downstream. c. Actively participate and often lead the manufacturing Finance Modernization & digital initiatives. d. Conduct wide-ranging business analysis in identifying and documenting requirements across our key manufacturing finance business processes.
- Strong Data analytical Skills: a. Develop actionable data models and data wrangling processes by integrating data extraction considerations into business solutions b. Analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that inform business process improvements and efficiencies across manufacturing financial reporting. c. Communicate effectively with all stakeholder in ensuring transparent and clear understanding of financial reporting as well as simple and easy to understand reporting visualizations. d. Support back-end data models in Power BI and Spotfire to ensure stability in digital analytical reporting tools e. Support designing financial data model using SQL and DAX coding to help drive decision making and improve business performance transparency.
- Project Management skills: a. Actively engage and project manage large financial modernization initiatives. b. Actively seek opportunities of deploying AI and digital analytics in various facets of financial reporting (i.e. data wrangling, data modelling, data gathering etc.)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Finance, Engineering
- CPA/MBA considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge in Power BI, SQL and other digital analytics software (Required)
- SAP Knowledge considered an asset
- Hands-on experience building complex Power BI reports using various data sources and data integrations
- Proficiency in creation of reporting data visualization solution and experience in building technical and process documentation requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to work collaboratively various stakeholders across the organization