The Department of Faculty Affairs
in the Cumming School of Medicine
invites applications for a Data Analyst
. This Full-time Fixed Term position is for approximately 12 months (based on length of grant funding), with the possibility of extension.
The Data Analyst reports to the Data Specialist.
The Data Analyst is responsible for facilitating data-driven decision-making within the Faculty Affairs by providing data collection, analysis, compilation, and visualization to the stakeholders at the Cumming School of Medicine (CSM). This position is responsible for coordinating, compiling, and disseminating data (education, impact, operation, research, assessment, engagement, etc.) that allow effective decision-making and communication to the leadership and stakeholders at CSM.Position Description
Summary of Key Responsibilities
(job functions include but are not limited to):
Data Analysis, Reporting, and Communication
- Data extraction/analyses/reporting for CSM research scholarship, education, and operation activities (e.g., research impacts, funding, facility use, administrative data, program evaluation, etc.)
- Provide relevant, meaningful, and accurate statistical reports relevant to CSM stakeholders
- Provide statistical data analysis and visualization, in the form of graphs, charts, and tables as appropriate, about key indicators of operational performance towards faculty and institutional strategic plans
- Meet with key stakeholders to understand their data needs and obtain/analyze data to provide quality and timely reports for strategic decision-making
- Implementation plan coordination and tracking (data-intensive metrics)
- Present relevant data and project information to CSM leadership, department heads, unit managers, and others as needed
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Work closely with the projects related to departments, research institutes, operational units, and university research groups
- Develop high-quality presentation of data, ensuring proper university branding is followed
- Ensuring delivery processes are robust, of high quality, and repeatable
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to the data specialist and stakeholders
- Promotes collaboration and knowledge translation with internal and external members at every opportunity
- Bachelor's Degree in Quantitative Psychology, Research Methodologies, Business Analytics, Computer Sciences, or related field required
- One year of data analytics experience required
- A combination of Bachelor's degree and an advanced degree will be considered in lieu of experience
- Experience with visualizing data / dashboarding in a way that allows stakeholders to quickly draw conclusions and make decisions
- Ability to use PowerBI, programming (e.g., Python and R), and database management systems (e.g. SQL) to extract, model, and clean data
- Knowledge in intermediate statistical analysis and data modelling, including linking strategic needs to customized data gathering and analysis plans
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be a collaborative team member with a service delivery focus
- Advanced Computer skills, including MS Office Suite (including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to learn various tools and technologies related to data Integrations
- Familiarity with Cumming School of Medicine environment / Previous working experience at Cumming School of Medicine would be considered a strong asset
- Understanding of JSON Endpoint, HTML, and XML technologies (XML, XSL, XSD, DOM) would be a nice to have
- Knowledge of context-based qualitative analysis with quantitative and mathematical approaches would be considered an asset
November 28, 2023
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.Additional Information
This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit, and falls under the Technical Job Family, Phase 2
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website
. For more information visit Careers in the Cumming School of Medicine.
The University strongly recommends all faculty and staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.About The University Of Calgary
UCalgary is Canada’s entrepreneurial university, located in Canada’s most enterprising city. It is a top research university and one of the highest-ranked universities of its age. Founded in 1966, its 36,000 students experience an innovative learning environment, made rich by research, hands-on experiences and entrepreneurial thinking. It is Canada’s leader in the creation of start-ups . Start something today at the University of Calgary. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca .
The University of Calgary has launched an institution-wide Indigenous Strategy committing to creating a rich, vibrant, and culturally competent campus that welcomes and supports Indigenous Peoples, encourages Indigenous community partnerships, is inclusive of Indigenous perspectives in all that we do.
As an equitable and inclusive employer, the University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their academic and professional success while they are here. In particular, we encourage members of the designated groups (women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible/racialized minorities, and diverse sexual orientation and gender identities) to apply. To ensure a fair and equitable assessment, we offer accommodation at any stage during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. Questions regarding [diversity] EDI at UCalgary can be sent to the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion ( [email protected] ) and requests for accommodations can be sent to Human Resources ( [email protected] ).
Do you have most but not all the qualifications? Research show that women, racialized and visible minorities , and persons with disabilities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At UCalgary we are committed to achieving equitable, diverse, inclusive and accessible employment practices and workplaces and encourage you to apply if you believe you are right for this role.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.