IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
E360, Real-World Solutions (RWS) Technology
E360™: A revolutionary, scalable and extensible web-based platform for delivering Real-World Insights, that features the world’s largest unparalleled health data collection. To find out more about E360™, please watch the YouTube video here: http://bit.ly/2w2wlfh
We are hiring a Data Scientist to play a vital part in an agile team, where you will be involved in creating, documenting, and validating E360’s core health analytics software.
What to expect
- Development and documentation of data science methods and algorithms within a best practice software engineering framework using Python.
- Working alongside other team members such as Product Owners and Software QA to write robust and scientifically credible data science routines.
- Execution of validation studies to assess study feasibility and availability of data within the E360 framework and to prioritise further development needs.
- Participating in Agile practices such as daily stands ups, sprint planning, sprint refinements, and retrospectives.
- Working to fortnightly sprints and taking part in bi-weekly demos.
- Very friendly and informal working environment.
- Regular Innovation weeks – Where the data science and development teams are given the chance to work on their own projects and showcase their work at the end of the week.
Our ideal candidate will have;
- Qualification from accredited university in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, (quantitative) Epidemiology, or another quantitative degree with healthcare experience.
- Proven experience with Python, R and /or another data science programming language (SQL, SAS, Stata etc).
- Sound understanding and previous experience with classical statistical methods (such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, survival methods) on healthcare data for medical research.
- Experience in manipulating and analysing medium sized to large real-world data sets.
- Ability to work with data owners and cross-functional teams.
- A proactive, creative, innovative and pragmatic approach to problem solving and an ability to think critically and independently.
- Experience in a commercial data science environment.
- Understanding of full stack web development, ideally with some hands-on experience.
Bonus points for;
- Previous experience in writing algorithms with Python, R for prospective or retrospective database studies.
- Knowledge of epidemiology / biostatistics, particularly analytical issues relating to studies of treatment effectiveness, disease progression, adherence, healthcare utilisation, etc.
- Experience building statistical and machine learning models. (neural networks, random forest, support vector machines, etc)
- Software engineering experience including agile methods and the usage of software development tools. (such as Git, JIRA etc)
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWAS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.