Come join a creative team of Data Engineers as part of Engineering & Architecture in Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB).
We work on data modelling, lineage and transporting data at scale on cloud technologies. We are at the forefront of defining and driving adoption of the latest technology and best practices throughout the CIB.
- Candidate will be responsible for the team's continuous delivery strategy to cloud - creating automated build pipelines and deploy to on premise cloud platforms.
- Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work.
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents.
- Create chaos test plans to simulate unforeseen infrastructure failures in production.
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Engage with development team throughout the lifecycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes.
- Creating topics/queues in streaming services like Kafka & AMPS.
- Coach teams as applicable.
- Participate in support coverage as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- Passion for working in an innovative culture
- Curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative spirit
- Interest in problems related to the financial services domain (specific past experience in the domain is not required)
- Ability to work in large, collaborative, global teams
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years hands-on experience with scripting & software development in a modern language (Python/Java)
- Hands-on experience with Linux and Cloud technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS)
- Experience developing software build scripting in Maven, Gradle or SBT
- Experience with Source Code Control Systems such as Git, Bitbucket, SVN, etc
- Knowledge of software automation and tooling to enable resilient DevOps practices
- Previous experience managing CI and automated deployment tools
- Familiarity with microservices architecture
- Understanding of vulnerability management and remediation (static and open source scanning, addressing code vulnerabilities, credential management)
- Proficiency with relational DBs, SQL, RDS
- Familiarity with Kafka
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the WELL Health-Safety Rating for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm's vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans