In short: Contracting position, remote or in Berlin, Germany. You‘ll help our team to build the prototype of a new app and validate technical feasibility. You'll be working closely with our CTO Marius and our iOS engineer Paul. Competitive compensation.
While this is initially a contracting position, this role has the mid-term option to a full-time employment, including meaningful stock options. Become a member of a mindful team, working towards positively impacting the life of tens of millions by helping them re-align their tech use with their goals.
About not less but better
- not less but better is a smart companion for healthy phone use. We're building a deep tech enabled app that empowers phone users to make healthy phone use decisions. We do this by combining network technology, machine learning and cognitive behavioral therapy to help smartphone over-users feel in control again.
- We're on a mission to make healthy technology use accessible. We're a team of psychologists, engineers and designers who want to contribute to a world where technology is aligned to all the things that are important to us. This is the human approach to a human problem, closing the intention-behavior-gap for tens of millions of phone users worldwide.
- Tens of thousands of people already use our iOS app. All over the world. And we're just getting started.
- We're proudly backed by impact-driven business angels. They started category-defining companies like N26, Blinkist and mysugr. Together, we're working towards creating large societal impact at scale.
️ We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. With diversity, we are not less but better.
- You'll be working closely with our CTO. Together with Marius and Paul, you'll build the prototype of a new feature, help collect and analyze data and ultimately shape an MVP.
- You'll prototype the new feature and explore technical possibilities and limitations. We want to detect when users actually loose themselves in their phones and intervene through notifications with the right kind of support in real time. Help us to build the technological backbone of this feature.
- You‘ll work on a clean slate project. You don‘t need to work through an existing code base and can completely focus the pioneer of this project.
- You'll have the opportunity to try out latest and greatest technology. Our existing iOS app is only backwards-compatible with iOS 14 and uses Swift 5. We can use latest CoreML features, hardware acceleration, etc. Help us to explore and push the limits of technical feasibility.
✨ About You
- You are the ideal candidate if you are a good team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire to create an awesome product. You are able to work independently and efficiently, as well as work well with others in a team. You are a person who is open to feedback and accepting of critique. You are a team player who is looking to make an impact!
- You do not need a degree in computer science. However a strong understanding of the fundamentals is required. We do believe in life-long learning and see a journey driven by curiosity and self-educated learning as a strong indicator.
- Design and run machine learning, from lean experiment to robust system
- Inform the team on how to efficiently and effectively collect and label data
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Study and transform data science prototypes
- Train and retrain models when necessary
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Collaborate with engineering and product development
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python
- Proven experience with model creation using frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Bonus: you have experience with Apple’s CoreML
- A habit of writing clean, readable code
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- An eagerness to learn new technologies and stay up-to-date with what’s possible
- Ability to work with git
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and focussed on solutions
- Organized and self-sufficient work attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
nlbb is the right place for you if...
- You believe that effective work is made possible by clear and honest communication, with a shared understanding of long-term vision and immediate next actions.
- You thrive in a purpose-driven remote setting.
- You have a product-oriented mentality combining thoughtfulness with pragmatism and the will to get stuff done.
- You work autonomously and are willing to take ownership.
- You are not sweating the details and are putting high attention to the little things, to build gorgeous-looking, accessible apps beyond the happy path.
Starting date is in January 2022.
1st: The one where we'll get to know us
2nd: The one where we'll access your technical skills (Technical Assessment)
3rd: The one where you'll meet the rest of the gang (Cultural Interview w/ all cofounders)
4th: The one where we'll wrap things up