We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our global GWS Performance & Project Management Office team as part of our Global Workplace Services (GWS) team. You will report to our Head of GWS Performance & PMO.
The GWS team makes Spotify a great place to work by providing spaces and services that bring our culture and values to life and keep band members safe. We cover all aspects and the full life cycle of our buildings and consist of GWS Performance & PMO, Real Estate, Workplace Build Projects, Workplace Experience & Support (Office Management, Workplace IT and Travel) and Business Protection.
In this role you will utilise your experience and skills to help us drive an insights-led culture within GWS. Your main responsibilities will be to solve complex data problems, deliver insights, build data models, and establish metrics and dashboards to support our team in decision-making.
You will be the first data analyst in GWS and work closely with band members in Real Estate, Workplace Build, Travel, Office Management, Workplace IT, Business Protection and FP&A.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the GWS teams to understand and identify data needs and come up with technical proposals on how to proceed
- Be a key partner in building out a data-informed approach within GWS
- Develop, launch and maintain data pipelines for data and metrics
- Explore, understand and organize existing data and metrics
- Build and maintain user-oriented dashboards and actionable data visualizations
- Supervise key metrics and understand the root causes of changes and trends
- Ensure data integrity
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum a Master Degree from an accredited institution within computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, economics or another quantitative subject area
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- Start-up attitude. You are prepared to collaborate and tackle problems outside of your comfort zone
- You know how to tackle loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and impactful insights
- You have experience working using SQL to extract and transform complex datasets into more easily consumable formats.
- You have worked with Tableau (or another BI tool), connecting to multiple data sources to create reports and dashboards.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to identify and translate data into insights and insights into actions.
- Fluent in spoken and written English together with strong communication skills
- Preferably, you have worked within the field of workplace experience and have a sense for the analysis required to drive decisions and evaluate results
- Accustomed to working in a high paced international environment where change is the only constant
Where you´ll be
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- While we will ask you to pop into the Stockholm office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.