As an Analytics Data Engineer (Remote) - Operations, you will support our Operations Analyst team by building stable, high quality data pipelines. You will form part of the analytics engineering organization responsible for enabling innovation through data exploration.
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the US or from one of our office locations in Draper, UT or Glendale, AZ.
You will be at the forefront of this rapidly evolving field and working closely with other specialists in the data & analytics space (Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and DataOps Engineers). Most importantly, you’ll be part of a team that forms the backbone of a fast-growing company at the forefront of an exciting, growing industry.
- Work in a self-directed but not isolated manner, proactively collaborating with the Operations Analyst team to drive business value
- Ensure data pipelines to operations analysis environments are stable, controlled, and accurate
- Quickly deliver new application data to the data warehouse for data analysts
- Understand data flow from application to data warehouse so you can guarantee data delivery at the requisite velocity for near-real time dashboards
- Collaborate with the operations analysts to source and make available data that drives business value
- Actively work on migrating from SQL Server to the new cloud data storage platform (combination of Databricks’ DeltaLake & Snowflake on Azure
- Support legacy SQL Server stored procedures while migrating to a combination of Python, Airflow, DBT, Spark, and Snowflake code
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.)
- 2+ years of professional experience in data & analytics or software engineering
- 1+ years moving data into a data lake & transforming it for downstream analysis
- Ability to understand and explain multiple data storage technologies at a high level
- Knowledge of tuning and performance optimization techniques in 1 technology (Hadoop, SQL Server, Cosmos DB, Snowflake, Azure Data Lake Gen2, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of SQL and some experience in 1 other programming language (Python, R, Java, C#, PowerShell, Bash, etc.)
- Experience writing data pipelines and ETL code, ideally on a major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation + Eligible for STI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Hours
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job required equipment and services
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000 retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.