At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
You will be accountable for overseeing the technical needs of the IFRS technology stack. You will be part of a team responsible for developing, enhancing, and supporting all technical solutions required for the IFRS platform. To - You will be part of a team responsible for production support, maintaining and enhancing all technical solutions required for the IFRS platform.
In this role you will:
• Demonstrate technical leadership capabilities by leading the support and development team for the IFRS platform
• Provide direction and technical expertise to the IFRS technology team
• Provide support for the current IFRS technology stack
• Design and develop solution components with minimal supervision for the IFRS technology stack
• Create system design documents and communicate the design to the client and delivery team
• Contribute to project plans for implementation projects
• Provide time and effort estimates for development and implementation projects as required
• Provide training to clients for domain and technical subjects
• Embrace challenges and learn new skills; be a catalyst for change
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• MS degree in the areas of Computer Science, Economics, mathematics, Engineering, Sciences, or Finance, AND 5 years relevant experience OR a BS degree plus a minimum of 6 years relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience with SAS Risk Solutions, such as SAS Stratum, Risk Governance Framework (RGF), or Infrastructure for Risk Management (IRM)
• Demonstrated experience with data structures and design
• Demonstrated experience using SQL
• Strong hands-on development and design experience using Java, C#, C++ or Python
• Exposure to Web Development and OO languages
• Demonstrated experience with Linux/Unix
• Demonstrated experience with SAS Risk Solutions - SAS Stratum, Risk Governance Framework (RGF) or Infrastructure for Risk Management (IRM)
• Demonstrated experience working in software development life cycle (SDLC) environment
• Exposure to Web Development languages
• Exposure to OO languages
• Advanced understanding of risk management concepts
• Strong written communication, oral communication, and presentation skills
• Excellent problem solving, decision making, and organizational skills
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!