- DESCRIPTION* About Us: AppDynamics is an application performance and security monitoring solution that provides real-time visibility and insight into applications and their environments. With our unique solution, you can take the right action at precisely the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, Engineering, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver magnificent customer experiences. Who You'll Work With: The Security Engineering team partners and works cross-functionally with peers across the Product and Engineering organization. This includes, but is not limited to teams such as - Product Reliability Engineering (PRE), Services Reliability Engineering (SRE), Technical Operations (TechOps), Build and Release Engineering (BARE), and IT. This also includes peer all groups within Information Security, with particular emphasis on Security Architecture and Product Security.
- AWS, data analysis, Cost Optimization, Cloud Spend
- ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:*
- Someone who could identify things we're wasting money on, like EC2 instances that are powered off but not deleted, databases that haven't had activity in weeks, snapshots from a year ago, etc.
- They would need to already have experience with running reports, identifying things that look wasteful and then going to talk to teams to get them to fix it
- A love of data and driving business outcomes with it
- Experience with optimizing spend with AWS, including analyzing spend across dozens of accounts and ability to identify over-provisioning or other waste
- Ability to work with technical teams to help them identify un-utilized or under-utilized resources and reduce costs
- Nice to have ability to build business intelligence dashboards (Tableau, etc...)
- Run SQL queries, comfortable gathering data from AWS with a tool like awscli or steampipe (new tool that let's you run sql queries to get data out of AWS)
- Document process for analyzing data (could use scripting if comfortable with it
- Comfortable working with excel or other tools to analyze, massage and report data
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.