You will be part of a team of data engineers/scientists deriving business insights from large and real-time datasets for strategic planning and operational efficiency. You will be responsible for the team’s projects to identify and explore suitable technologies, strategies and solutions for advanced data engineering/analytics. In addition, you will be maintaining a data warehouse and analytics environment, developing data integration pipelines and devising data models. You will work closely with stakeholders to define requirements, mine and analyse data, integrate data from various data sources, and deploy data pipelines in support of the organisation analytical needs.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Candidates with more experience might be considered for more senior roles
- Strong knowledge in data management, relational databases, SQL and ETL.
- Strong passion for empirical research and extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills to communicate complex data quality issues in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Keen sense in value of data relating to business objectives
- Good knowledge in statistical modelling and machine learning algorithms in data quality applications
- Good knowledge in data visualisation tools like Tableau, and data analysis/processing tools like R and Python
- Experience working with large and real-time datasets, preferably on MPP platforms
- Experience with distributed computing tools is a plus (like Spark, Hadoop)
- Experience in the development of data pipelines on the cloud