As an applied scientist, you will build and improve our machine learning models to solve complex NLP problems on business communications.
We’re looking for people that love machine learning, are interested in the theory and assumptions behind the models, and are motivated to solve real world problems with techniques that are scalable, efficient and reliable in production. Beyond that you need to be kind, courteous, motivated, self-starting, honest and responsible.Background
This role is within Re:infer, a startup founded by machine learning researchers and engineers to solve the hard problem of getting machines to understand human communication. We are expanding our team at an exciting point in our history after joining UiPath in August 2022. This is an opportunity to tackle big problems and work towards artificial intelligence with a true grasp of human language.
Some examples of our recent work can be found at https://developers.reinfer.io/blogWhat You'll Do At UiPath
What You'll Bring To The Team
- Build and improve modern machine learning models to solve complex NLP problems on business communications.
- Read papers, propose model improvements, implement and test new proposed models, and push the best ones to production.
- You’ll collaborate with the engineering team and product managers to integrate your models into our scalable ML platform.
- Think about the best human-computer interface to make machine learning models accessible to everyone.
- Run regular benchmarks tests and perform statistical analyse. Draw conclusions on the impact of your research-based optimizations and present your findings to the team.
- Stay on top of the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the company.
- You’ll mentor other members of the team and help hire new people.
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science or a related field.
- 3y+ years of experience in industry with a focus on machine learning.
- Software development experience programming in Python and modern ML libraries like PyTorch, Tensorflow or JAX.
- Experience solving NLP problems with Transformers and modern NLP model architectures.
- Ability to implement models from academic papers like ICML, ICLR, NeurIPS etc.
- Comfortable with core concepts from linear algebra, probability and statistics required in ML.
- Solid knowledge of basic data structures (list, vector, stack, heap), basic algorithms (sort, search, etc.) and associated time/memory asymptotic complexity.
- You have good intuition for how computers work, particularly how they interact with modern machine learning techniques.
- Working knowledge of GNU/Linux
At UiPath, we value a range of diverse backgrounds experiences and ideas. We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other protected classes.
UiPath is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a medical condition or disability which inhibits your ability to complete any part of the application process, and are in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the process, please contact us @ TALeaders@uipath.com and let us know how we may assist you.
All applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, including Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) , Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).