Spring EQ is hiring a Data Engineer to join our growing IT team. This position will report to our SVP, Technology and will play an integral role in design and implementation, integrations, and optimization of data.
- Design & Implementation – This position will be responsible for design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, performant, and secure data processing applications which will power our backend services and front-end reporting.
- Integrations – This position will be responsible for the Integration with databases such as Postgres, SQL Server and DynamoDB and leverage APIs to pull and post data to other systems.
- Data Quality and Optimization – This role will identify and respond to data quality and performance issues as well as drive solutions to improve data issues over time
- Communication – This position will gather and interpret requirements from business stakeholders to build new applications or add functionality to existing applications, and work with additional members of the Technology team to architect and build solutions
- 3+ years of professional experience in a data engineer capacity
- Strong understanding on SQL and data transformation principles
- Strong Python or related-language skills
- Understanding of real-time and batch data processing and how to build both types of systems
- Experience with OLAP and the building and maintenance of data marts utilizing star or snowflake schemas
- Experience with the following databases: PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Microsoft SQL Server
- Basic understanding of columnar databases and data architecture
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with streaming and queuing technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis and SQS
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and efficiently manage time
- The ideal candidate will have a self-starter mentality with the ability to solve open ended business challenges
- The ideal candidate will enthusiastically contribution to a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Time is money – At Spring EQ we recognize the importance of working with a sense of urgency. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Spring EQ values personal excellence, integrity and accountability – we need candidates who demonstrate these qualities in their everyday lives
Who Are We?
Spring EQ was founded to help homeowners unlock the value of their home by providing visibility to it’s worth and provide quick access to that equity. Our foundation expanded to include direct mortgage lending in 2019 as interest rates reached historic low levels which set off an unprecedented round of refinancing and home buying opportunities for our borrowers. By surrounding ourselves with some of the brightest, hard-working minds in the industry, we constantly improve the loan experience for our customers.
At Spring EQ, we;
- Strive to make every customer interaction a great one
- Recognize behind every loan is a person or family trusting us to handle what may be a once in a lifetime transaction
- Work hard and have fun to get the job done
- Interact on a first name basis and recognize each team member's unique value
- Encourage ways for our team members to learn, develop, diversify and grow with Spring EQ
- Promote our team members so they can share their knowledge with others
- Innovate, innovate, innovate
- Create and embrace the latest technology
- Simplify constantly, challenging every process we use to better accomplish our goals
- Build upon a strong company culture and foster an environment of togetherness, support, and accountability.
Spring EQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.