Why apply for this role?
The purpose of the role is to increase our Machine Learning capability within Santander UK by combining a wide range of technical skills with business knowledge to turn vast quantities of data into value.
What you’ll be doing
- Using advanced data science techniques & approached to solve specific business problems, Explore a variety of techniques to identify the optimal solution
- Summarising large data sets into meaningful conclusions using available tools; discover patterns and trends
- Building predictive models and machine learning algorithms
- Providing a support role & mentorship to members of the Data Science team in business & technical aspects of the job, Continuously ensure effective execution of duties at more junior level
- Collaborating in the Data Science Community and help to devise best practice, particularly n relation to data preparation, code sharing & template use
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of Data Science techniques with evidence of using them on data across supervised & unsupervised learning business problems. Technical understanding of most commonly used algorithms – Linear Regressions, Random Forests, SVMs, KNN, K-means, etc.
- Knowledge of statistics (statistical distributions, hypothesis testing, and confidence intervals).
- Experience in practical data processing, data visualization & information retrieval.
- Programming experience in Python & SQL preferably developed in a commercial setting of 1+ year. Exposure to Spark is desirable, but not essential.
- Working knowledge of the following libraries: numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit learn, matplotlib, seaborn.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Starting salary of £40,000
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Job Reference: A38222