DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they agree. Our flagship product, eSignature, is the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from virtually anywhere, at any time. Today, more than a million customers and a billion users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives.
What you'll do
As a Data Engineer in the Data Platform Team, you'll be responsible for building state of the art infrastructure for big data analytics based on the public cloud platforms. Successful candidates will have experience with independently building big data lakes and data warehouses on public cloud, preferably Azure. You’ll enjoy entrepreneurial environments where you can solve difficult problems using current technologies and tools. You’ll collaborate well with other team members when brainstorming, designing, and implementing new solutions. You will help the team succeed by thinking about ways to improve processes, suggest ways to make the team more effective, and model engineering best practices. As a member of the Platform engineering group, you will work closely with product managers, developers, and platform engineers to ensure high quality and timely product releases. You are a hands-on technical person who will be responsible for issues related to product features, performance, speed, scale, security and accessibility.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Engineering.Responsibility
- Drive design, implementation, testing and release of products
- Build big data pipelines and analytics infrastructure on Azure with Data Factory, Databricks, Event Hub, Data Explorer, Cosmos DB and Azure RDBMS platforms
- Build secure networking and reliable infrastructure for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Build big data streaming solutions with 100s of concurrent publishers and subscribers Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to build new features
- Participate in an Agile environment using Scrum software development practices, code review, automated unit testing, end-to-end testing, continuous integration, and deployment
- Think about how to solve problems at scale and build fault-tolerant systems that leverage telemetry and metrics
- Investigate, fix, and maintain code as needed for production issues
- Operate high reliability, high uptime service (99.999%) and participate in on-call rotation
Employee divides their time between in-office and remote work. Access to an office location is required. (Frequency: Minimum 2 days per week; may vary by team but will be weekly in-office expectation)
Positions at DocuSign are assigned a job designation of either In Office, Hybrid or Remote and are specific to the role/job. Preferred job designations are not guaranteed when changing positions within DocuSign. DocuSign reserves the right to change a position's job designation depending on business needs and as permitted by local law.
What you bringBasic
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience within a software engineering related field
- Proficiency in cloud platforms, preferably Azure.
- Proficiency in big data processing in Apache Spark with Python or Scala
- Proficiency in data pipeline orchestration with Data Factory or similar
- Experience building large data lakes and data warehouses
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL
- Experience using Git or other version control systems
- Focus on writing high quality code that is easy to maintain and read by others
- Strong understanding and experience in agile methodologies
- Fluency in English both verbal and written
- Proficiency in data streaming applications with Event Hub/Kafka & Spark streaming
- Proficiency in modern server- side development using modern programming languages like C# or others
- Passion for new technologies
- Experience working for a SaaS company
- Experience working independently and in team environment as needed
- A track record of being a self-starter - Individual/team responsibility is our main driver in the development work
- Practical experience with any Cloud technologies: Kubernetes, Azure etc
- Strong interest or documented experience in large scale microservice architectures
Life at DocuSignWorking here
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal.
We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.Accommodation
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures. If you need such an accommodation, including if you need accommodation to properly utilize our online system, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience any technical difficulties or issues during the application process, or with our interview tools, please reach out to us at email@example.com for assistance.
Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice