As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.Your Role and Responsibilities
We live in a digital world where practically everything is data-driven whether it’s a healthcare provider combating diseases or a retailer trying to optimize their product portfolio. Not all are equally “good” in using and exploiting data which nowadays is huge differentiator in how well organisations are performing.
To be successful and stay relevant companies and organizations needs to deploy a multidisciplinary approach to technology, business, and overall market knowledge in order to understand insights hidden within the massive amount of corporate/internal and external data.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Apply strong expertise in machine-learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype, and build the next-generation analytics engines and services
- Coordinate with other BUs' data scientist to support and coach them on data science best practices
- Understands business problems and designs end-to-end analytics use cases
- Develops complex models and algorithms that drive innovation throughout the organisation. This may include improving on-time performance, network planning, etc.,
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Collaborates with model developers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
- Provides thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimisation or related field
- Experience with R, Python, Matlab, programming in C, C++, Java
- Experience working with large data sets, simulation/ optimisation and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Arena, etc.)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-5 years’ experience in a statistical and/or data science role
- Educational background in quantitative field (business, math, economics, finance, statistics, science, engineering)
- Knowledge and experience from either public sector, consumer market or manufacturing industry
- High communication ability in Swedish and English, in writing as well as spoken
About Business Unit
- Strong background in either or all math, statistics, computer science, behavioural science
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.