College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
Advanced Logic Analytics Limited
Data Scientist (KTP Associate)
Vacancy Ref: 13993
Salary: £38,841 per annum (a bonus of up to £12,000 per annum may be payable subject to targets being met)
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Data Scientist to fast-track their career development as a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate. You will undertake a 2-year collaborative project between ALA Ltd and Brunel University London. The post will be based predominantly at the company’s premises in London and the post holder will take a leading role in the creation and development of novel algorithms to uncover the emotional journey in the financial market domain.
You will receive extensive practical and formal training, gain marketable skills and broaden your knowledge and expertise within an industrially relevant project.
- You will hold a PhD or be near completion in Computer Science.
- You should have proven experience in using and understanding Natural Language Processing (NLP), Deep Learning, and semantic technologies.
- You should have a strong background knowledge in using Python & R, and to develop bespoke text mining and emotion detection algorithms.
- You will need to conduct research into emotion recognition in the financial domain and develop novel algorithms to address the main project goals.
- Knowledge of emotion perception and statistical techniques would be an advantage as would a proven record of high-quality published research
- You will be expected to contribute to experimental design, stimulus, and experimental software generation, running experiments, analysing results and writing conference presentations and research papers
- You will be able to communicate with impact with a variety of stakeholders.
- You will have the ability to plan and organise your own workload and be able to work to a deadline.
- You will be self-motivated, and have the ability to work as part of a team and to have excellent research management and presentation skills
- You will be capable of taking ownership of the project including management of finances, resources and timing.
- You will benefit from a personal training budget of £4k, and additional residential management training courses as part of the KTP programme.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 3rd October 2021
For further details and to apply please visit https://careers.brunel.ac.uk
COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND REPRESENTING THE DIVERSITY OF THE COMMUNITY WE SERVE