Why MMIT? At MMIT (https://www.mmitnetwork.com/), we provide our healthcare clients with a transparent, structured view of complex drug coverage information. We are a company that values:
- Collaborative teams focused on meeting goals and delivering value
- Continuous learning and opportunity to grow
We answer the “what” and the “why” related to drug coverage and reimbursement, leveraging technology, research and industry experts to make sense of how and why specific pharmaceutical drugs are covered. Physicians and pharmacies use our data and applications to understand what drugs are available to patients and how they are covered by health plans. Pharmaceutical manufacturers trust our data to understand how their drug and competitive drugs are covered, which helps forecast performance and tune strategy.
The MMIT Product Management Team is charged with developing, growing and maintaining the MMIT product portfolio that smooth access to lifechanging therapies. This entails managing products through all phases of the product lifecycle, from concept to sunset. The product management team embraces a market-backed perspective, champions unmet client needs, and is committed to a highly accountable and collaborative Product Management approach.
MMIT is seeking experienced Data Scientists to meaningful contributes to the growth and development of the MMIT product portfolio. Ideal candidates are comfortable working with large, complex data sets to help inform, simplify and actualize key product capabilities. They will have comfort collaborating with various stakeholders and navigating ambiguity with limited direction. They will dedicate themselves to understanding the MMIT product portfolio (both current capabilities and future product roadmaps) and key data dependencies to inform data models, architecture, and new product development.
To succeed in this role, you will apply your skillset to
- Inform, create and/or maintain master data hierarchy, attributes and structure.
- Bridge claims data and coverage data – Refine existing rules and create and continually improve new methods for accurately assigning pharmacy and medical claims volumes to MMIT controller entities.
- Apply data science to the creation of short and long form geographic market and controller entity descriptive narratives (NLP / NLG)
- Translate product management strategy into actionable data science deliverables, guiding development of data models, business rules and other advanced analytical capabilities.
- Excel at communicating across a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with MMIT product and data teams to develop and/or commercialize analytics use cases that may include market access, coverage / lives, and RWE data.
- Effectively partner with external organizations including clients and vendors to develop meaning and projectable analytics about trends in market access dynamics across payers, geographies, indications, drugs, etc.
- Identify and evaluate additional data sources that could be integrated in value enhancing ways.
- Build reports, dashboards and/or other analyses as needed and/or as specific initiatives arise.
- Support various commercial or commercialization efforts as needed.
- Take a leading role in developing data science as a discipline across product management, development and data operations.
Relevant Skills and Experiences
- Postgraduate degree or higher involving machine learning, statistics, or computer science
- Experience of statistical / machine learning projects in academia or commercial sector end to end with proven delivery capability including capturing requirements, designing analysis plans, interfacing with clients and report / manuscript writing
- Experience in applying Natural Language Processing and related AI capabilities.
- Experience working with large and complex healthcare datasets, preferably patient-level longitudinal data and experience with studies of treatment effectiveness/outcomes, disease progression, adherence, healthcare utilization, patient journey, sales targeting, prescription/procedure volumes/shares, provider networks and prescribing/treatment patterns, etc
- Strong related programming skills including experience with good coding practices and a thorough understanding of the data science package landscape. Familiarity with Tableau and PowerBI a plus.
- Familiarity with agile software development practices
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including ability to present technical concepts to lay audiences, write analysis plans for projects, contribute to proposals / grant applications, pitch ideas effectively and persuasively to clients / internal stakeholders, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively to solve complex problems and individually to research/advance areas of interest and exploration
- Proven ability to develop meaningful/valuable analytic insights from multiple data sources and support value through commercialization
Preferred candidates may also have
- Experience supporting or launching Data and Analytics or SaaS-based enterprise product.
- Experience in managed markets and pharma market access ecosystem.
- Experience in the commercial health insurance industry.
- Knowledge of payer marketing, drug development lifecycle and drug launch process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Position will be based in Livingston NJ or Yardley PA
(highly qualified remote applicants will be considered)
Approximately < 10%