Veranome Biosystems LLC, an Applied Materials company, provides the spatial analysis market with a reliable, easy-to-use, end-to-end multi-omics solution. We enable researchers to deepen their understanding of diseases with high-quality data of how individual cells organize within tissue, using robust workflows, reliable imaging systems and without the need for extensive bioinformatics tools or infrastructure. Veranome’s unique combination of genomics expertise and world-class high-speed diffraction limited optical imaging capabilities enables researchers to access in-situ spatial omics and elucidate reliable disease insights with unsurpassed data quality.
Veranome Biosystems is looking for an outstanding Data Analyst/Scientist! This position is engaged in the planning, design, and development of laboratory information management systems (LIMS) to enable actionable insights for R&D, manufacturing, and quality control. You will invent new data analytic methods and databases for Veranome’s spatial transcriptomic workflows. You will help scientists and engineers to interpret data and build pipelines to automate the processes. You will also have a chance to work with the marketing and business development teams to drive the product roadmap and business strategy with the power of data.
To be a successful candidate for this position, you should have a flexible and learning-oriented mindset, and be able to work in a growing company with globally distributed development and operation teams. We are looking for outstanding scientists with a proven ability to pursue creative solutions to challenging problems.
Why you’ll love working here: It is an exciting time in this field. While most industries slowed down in response to the global pandemic in 2020, the field of spatial omics only accelerated. Established companies and startups continued to announce products, engage in M&A activity, and democratize their technology beyond pure innovators. To meet the moment, the launch of Veranome in March of 2021 seamlessly addresses the need to develop software, hardware, and assay solutions for solving researchers’ biggest problems.
Who you will work with: You’ll work with an amazing team of experts as we develop cutting-edge products that unlock the potential of high-plex, subcellular resolution spatial omics.
The value you bring + the value you deliver: You will bring strong domain knowledge and prior experience working with structured and unstructured data. You will leverage your intellectual curiosity, a broad array of statistical techniques to lead data initiatives (e.g. algorithms, models, tools, dashboards) to assess the performance of our assay workflow, hardware, and software platforms.
- Build and maintain user-friendly dashboards for internal stakeholders with diverse backgrounds.
- Build and maintain data ETL (extract, transform, and load) workflows on premises and the cloud.
- Interact with a cross-functional team of software engineers, lab scientists, and product developers to determine requirements and functionality.
- Stay on top of state-of-the-art database and statistical techniques and advocate best practices.
- Collaborate with key stake holders to understand top business and scientific questions and transform complex problems to actionable insights.
- Contribute to decision making through the extraction, interpretation, and presentation of data.
Education and Experience:
Advanced degree in quantitative field (e.g. statistics, computer science, applied mathematics, bioinformatics, or related field). We welcome applicants with scientific or biomedical academic degrees and demonstrated experience in data science and database development. Experience in big data and cloud computing is preferred.
- Proven track record of developing data ETL workflows.
- Strong knowledge on core concepts of applied statistics.
- Familiarity with key processes relevant to Life Science R&D and QC teams focused on data analysis, scientific reporting, quality monitoring.
- Familiarity with cloud data storage and computation solutions.
- Experience in NoSQL and SQL databases, and their application over cloud environment is preferred.
- Experience creating metadata and building reports and dashboards with BI tools is preferred.