DSTA is a top-notch technology organisation that drives innovation and delivers state-of-the-art capabilities to make the SAF a formidable fighting force. Our engineers and IT professionals harness multidisciplinary expertise to equip our soldiers with advanced systems to defend Singapore.
We also contribute our technological expertise to support national-level developments. To achieve our mission, DSTA performs a variety of roles ranging from acquisition and procurement to cybersecurity and software development.
The AI Data Engineer will work on acquiring, storing, governing, and processing huge sets of structured/unstructured data. You will be working closely with both end-users, AI and Data teams to evaluate, assess, and build up the appropriate architectures to bring performance and business value to the end-users. You will also be working with industry and academic partners to stay at the forefront of emerging technologies and translate it to value for our defence and security mission. Examples of work include:
- Implementing solutions for data storage, discovery and pipelines to tackle challenges with increasingly complex datasets, real-time processing requirements and data quality
- Enabling data management capabilities to govern and version enterprise data/metadata and provide fast, easy and secured access to them for downstream tasks such as Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics
- Customising solutions and capabilities such as data scalability and security to meet required capabilities demanded by the large defence ecosystem
- Supporting the definition and optimization of the underlying infrastructure.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of Data in Machine Learning.
- Demonstrated understanding in processing/transformation of structured and unstructured data (images, text, audio)
- Demonstrated understanding of various storage and purpose (E.g. Relational Databases, File Storage, Object Storage etc.
- Good knowledge of Python, MapReduce, SQL
- Experience in containers, container orchestration and infrastructure provisioning would be advantageous
- Team player with good communication skills
- Passionate and self-motivated