Wizard is revolutionizing what it means to shop for your kids. With the combination of cutting edge technology and human wisdom, we are building a highly personalized, convenient way to get the things parent’s need to keep up their kids' ever changing needs. With Wizard, a parent can text their shopping list and Wizard will curate the best match for that parent.The Role
Wizard is hiring ML Engineers, preferably with a background in NLP, to work on all aspects of dialog systems, from fine-tuning LLMs to serving models and building data pipelines and entity resolutions. If you don’t have an NLP background but have deep experience with Python and some exposure to ML and you are excited about the space and willing to learn, we would still encourage you to apply.
- Build and maintain a training pipeline for fine-tuning open-source LLMs. Testing different LLM architectures at different sizes and quantizations is important.
- Serve and Deploy the LLM on GPUs. It is important to know different configurations ahead of time to ensure we don’t OOM at runtime.
- Formulate novel product issues to ML problems and propose and iterate on solutions quickly. We value the fast pace of development.
- Triage customer issues to model/system shortcomings and communicate the complex architecture in a simple, comprehensible way to internal stakeholders.
- Keep up with the fast-growing generative AI space and incorporate the latest developments into our system.
The expected salary for this role is $193,000-$208,000 depending on skills and experiences.
- MS/Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, or another quantitative discipline or exceptional work experience in ML engineering.
- Experience developing machine learning-driven products at scale.
- Experience solving problems using Machine Learning with PyTorch.
- Exceptional understanding of designing ML systems in production at scale and applying a quantitative approach to identifying performance bottlenecks and cost/performance tradeoffs.
- Practical experience with large data systems, data models, and batch and streaming data pipelines.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on our tech stack, which includes GCP, Kubernetes, Airflow, Pandas, PyTorch, Python, and Node.js.
- Extensive experience with model deployment, both static within applications and dynamic, using Flask, FastAPI, or similar frameworks.
- Early-stage startup with massive growth potential and ability to grow as Wizard grows
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Comprehensive, high-quality medical coverage
- Dental & vision insurance
- OneMedical memberships for you and dependents
- Spring health platform for mental healthcare personalized to your needs
- XP Health eyewear benefits ($180, 3x per year)
- Rightway Health Guide
- 401(k) Plan
- Life & Disability insurance covered by Wizard
- Flexible PTO and sick time to take care of yourself and your family
- 12 paid holidays
- 16 weeks parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- In Office Perks
- Hybrid work environment
- Monthly team outings
- Snacks and drinks to keep you fueled throughout the day