At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Open to any location in the US
Do you want to help save the planet? Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide by 2030? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it’s our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business—it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
Trane Technologies Residential HVAC and Supply business offers a broad portfolio of energy efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, air quality products, home automation and parts support. We ensure our customers are safe and comfortable, while reducing the impact on our shared environment. Our brands include Trane, American Standard, RunTru and Ameristar.
We are standing up a machine learning capability in the customer experience and sales space. We are looking for an innovative data scientist that can help drive this effort and deliver on the machine learning (ML) roadmap. We have an ambitious plan for 2021 and are looking for a self-starter with real-world experience to come in to guide and execute on ML models. This individual will work with a data engineer and analytics team, as well as our IT partners to develop and implement predictive models. Hands-on experience with model development as well as engagement with business clients are needed for this critical position.
- Engage with the current analytics team to understand the data sets available, and top priority business questions.
- Deliver a Machine Learning project from end-to-end:
- Collaborate with business partners to identify business problems that can be addressed with machine learning.
- Prioritize the machine learning opportunities then identify the required data sets and appropriate modeling approaches.
- Partner with data engineer to access the data pipeline.
- Own feature engineering that may span multiple, complex data sources.
- Responsible for developing multiple models using regression, random forest, XG Boost and other state-of-the art methods.
- Test and compare model results using statistical tools to select the best model.
- Lead discussions around model outcomes with business SMEs in order to ensure predictions align with business understanding.
- Own delivery of model results so that they can impact business outcomes.
- Recommend and initially manage model monitoring once in production.
- Advise and adhere to security protocol for different data sets.
- Research and experiment with new technologies to keep the team on the cutting edge and leveraging the latest thinking in the machine learning space.
- Operate in an agile fashion to deliver regular “demos” to the customer
- BS/BA degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, MIS, engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on data science role, additional years of experience in related analytics field a plus.
- Experience with big data and appropriate tools like
- Knowledge of machine learning platforms, and experience working with IT organizations.
- Able to recognize and help guide the business to identify appropriate uses of ML.
- Experience with multiple models, and knowledge of when to apply each – clustering, classification, random forest, regression,
- Proficiency in Python (preferred) or R
- Experience with one or more: Jupyter Notebooks, PyCharm, Spark, GitHub, Sagemaker, and AWS or other cloud-based environments.
- Experience with data visualization tools preferable – Tableau, Matplotlib, etc.
- Excellent communication skills –able to convey complex concepts to technical and business teams in a simple and understandable way.
- Agile experience a plus.
- Technical Excellence—comfortable around very large data sets and utilizing machine learning tools/languages appropriately
- Machine Learning Expertise – strong communication skills to fully understand the business question to be answered. Excellent data exploration techniques to determine if the data available is sufficient to answer the business question. Superior technical capability to identify and develop the right Machine Learning model for the problem at hand.
- Cross Functional Collaboration – within analytics teams, the business and IT
- Innate Curiosity – constant drive to learn more, ask questions, seek better outcomes
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.