The Cheng lab at Boston University is looking for a highly motivated Bioinformatics Research Associate. Job duties will include:
- Data analysis and interpretation of single-cell functional genomic datasets
- Develop computational methods to analyze single-cell genomics datasets
- Documentation and present results to lab members and collaborators
- Writing scientific papers
- Presenting results at scientific conferences
About the Cheng lab, Dr. Cheng's lab is interested in the development of a comprehensive understanding of the gene regulatory network and how aberrant regulatory circuits contribute to human disease. Her group carries out both wet-lab (experimental) and dry-lab (computational) research and utilizes single-cell transcriptomics and epigenetics to understand dysregulated gene regulatory circuitry in opioid use disorder and Alzheimer's disease.
- BS degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, biological sciences, bioengineering, mathematics, statistics, or related discipline is required.
- MS or Ph.D. degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, biological sciences, bioengineering, mathematics, statistics or related discipline is preferred for this position.
- A minimum of 6 months experience with analysis of large omics datasets.
- Programming experience (Python, Java, R, C/C++, Perl, Bash).
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- An ability to work in a high-paced small team environment.
- Experience working in a Linux/UNIX operating system in a high-performance computing environment.
- Experience with machine learning and computational modeling.
- Background in statistics/mathematics.
- Background in molecular biology, immunology, neuroscience
- Background in next-generation sequencing technologies and assays
- Background in multi-omic analyses (Proteomics, Genomics, Metabolomics)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.