Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About The Team
Have you ever wondered what really makes people productive? Or what might cause someone to choose to leave their job?
We're using one of the largest employee engagement datasets in the world to solve mysteries like these. The insights we deliver help our customers run their businesses better, and ensure their employees are more satisfied, motivated and engaged.
The Peakon team at Workday is driven by the belief that we can radically change the world of work. We believe that when an organisation listens to employee feedback and empowers every employee to drive the change they want to see, it can create more fulfilling jobs and grow in ways never before imagined.
We welcome your application even if you do not meet all of the criteria listed below, but are passionate about the opportunity of mastering this role. We know that skills are not static and growth is continuous, so we are happy to help you take your career to the next level together and are committed to your development at Workday.
About The Role
As our next Data Engineer, you’ll work within the Data Science team. You will be responsible for designing and implementing data systems and pipelines that are integral to new product development and analytics. You will prioritise reliability and data quality and will be involved in a wide side of initiatives that span the breadth of product development at Workday.
You’ll also be an active member of the Science team, working alongside other Data Scientists and Psychologists to improve processes and further develop the Science codebase.
The perfect candidate will have a background in a technical field, experience working with large data sets, and proven ability in supporting business intelligence and analytics initiatives, and have a track record of delivering high-quality data solutions on time
- 4+ years experience working as a data engineer within a product-focused organisation
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, and SQL
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Hive
- Strong understanding of database design and management, including experience with NoSQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of data modeling and ETL (extract, transform, load) processes
- Ability to design and implement data lakes and data warehouses
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS and GCP
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau and QlikView
- You know how to establish realistic timelines and scopes to ensure consistent high quality deliveries
- Understanding of modern software development practices including a focus on code quality and documentation
- Experience working with a variety of cross-functional peers and partners including data scientists, product managers, engineers, and similar roles.
- Have mentored Junior Engineers before and have consistently raised the bar
- A Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!