HealthMPowers is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering children to have healthy habits and transforming environments where children live, learn and play. With a strong 20-year track record, a variety of funding sources, and well-developed partnerships with government agencies, civic organizations, school systems and others, HealthMPowers is poised for continued success in improving healthy eating and physical activity of children to impact future health, academic success as well as economic and national security.
By integrating nutrition education and physical activity into settings where children spend their time (schools, childcare centers, and after-school programs), the organization creates a culture that supports lifelong healthy lifestyle choices for children, staff, families and communities. Using the evidence-based guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), HealthMPowers has a proven track record of improving health knowledge, behavior, physical fitness and environments for sustainable health improvements in low-income communities.
The Data Analyst will manage the collection, analysis, reporting and storage of data from a variety of platforms and sources.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist sectors in program evaluation and reporting guided by SNAP-Ed Guidance, SNAP-Ed Framework and state program reports
- Prepare unduplicated direct nutrition education counts and participating qualifying site location reports for SNAP-Ed monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Prepare monthly, quarterly SNAP-Ed reports
- Assist with the development of the SNAP-Ed annual report and EARS report
- Oversee data cleaning, coupling analyses and complex survey analysis using appropriate software data resources (e.g. RStudio, SAS, Qualtrics, SPSS, REDCap, DataFax, MAXQDA)
- Prepare data visualizations as requested.
- Review and ensure accuracy of SNAP-Ed sector reports by external evaluators, provide suggestions for improvement and develop summary reports
- Manage data to provide information for program decision making and prioritize evaluation and data information needs
- Interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing reports to sector leaders
- Assist in streamlining data collection tools and processes using technology
- Develop databases an implement data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality for quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources as needed and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Locate and define new data process improvement opportunities
- Provide professional development for HealthMPowers leadership and staff on program evaluation and appropriate data strategies
- Maintain resource usage database and provide monthly reports to sector leadership
- Ensure accurate collection and reporting of site use of program resources
- Collect, summarize and file staff program delivery documentation
- Oversee the implementation of any new data software (e.g. PEARS)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Public Health preferred
- Experience with statistical packages like SAS, SPSS, RStudio required
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency
- Passionate about data and analyzing business needs
- Ability to synthesize information
- Ability to analyze data using a variety of sources and databases
- A commitment to producing high quality and detailed work
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions
- Ability to translate data in communication and written reports
- Ability to work well independently while collaborating with others to meet common goals and evaluation metrics
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.