The Data Engineer will lead and participate in the design, development, and maintenance of our Data Warehouse at Offerpad. Duties will include dimensional modeling, troubleshooting complex data problems, and delivering enterprise level solutions to business leaders. The Data Engineer will be responsible for the testing, maintenance, construction and development of architectures such as large-scale processing systems and databases. As part of this, they are also responsible for creating data set processes for verification, acquisition, mining, and modeling. This individual will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to ensure clarity of all business requirements.
- Lead and participate in the design, development, and maintenance of our Data Warehouse. Including dimensional modeling, troubleshooting complex data problems, and delivering enterprise level solutions to business leaders.
- Evaluate TSQL Queries for performance improvements.
- Support Power BI Reports.
- ETL Data from multiple different sources including API's and Flat Files.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks in Azure.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on business processes to ensure clarity of Business Requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 2+ Years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- 2+ Years of experience with ETL Tools like SSIS
- 1+ Years of experience with cloud platforms, preferably Microsoft Azure
- 1+ Years of experience with Reporting Tools like Power BI.
- 2+ Years of experience with Dimensional Data Models and best practices.
- Understanding and Experience with performance tuning, query plans, blocking, dead locking and Indexing.
- Experience gathering requirements from stakeholders and transforming those into data driven BI solutions. You should be able to take a single project start to finish.
- Experience with Multiple Database Platforms and BI Delivery Solutions.
- You have a high EQ (emotional intelligence) and able to effectively work well with others, fostering a great, collaborative, and fun environment, even amidst technical challenges.
Why Work with Offerpad?
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative field (e.g. science, engineering, economics, finance, statistics, or similar) and have 2 years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis and complex problem solving.
- Experience in Tabular Models and writing performant complex DAX Queries.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure Data Solutions and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Photo and/or media storage experience
- Previous real estate experience a plus
- Experience in Azure cost management and recommending cost optimization steps.
It’s simple: We’re here to help. We help people by providing the best way to buy and sell a home. Period. If you’re passionate about helping people, too, in an environment where every day matters, where you’ll thrive on innovation, collaboration and recognition for your inspiring ideas and be rewarded for your results, then welcome home to Offerpad!
We're a fast-growing, fast-moving, compassionate customer-obsessed team of like-minded business disruptors who are continually challenging and changing the way traditional real estate works. We’re all about homes, not houses. Since 2015, we’ve grown from an entrepreneurial upstart in three markets to an industry-leading technology innovator with more than 500 happy humans working together to help customers in 900+ cities and towns across the country. As we continue to grow and expand, our goal remains the same: Make the process as seamless and stress-less as possible to help them move freely and enjoy the best customer experience available.
While we work hard to serve our customers – we have a 95% customer satisfaction rating and 84 Net Promoter Score - we also work hard at taking care of one another. We’re family here, we work hard but we have a lot of fun. Our culture is one of inclusivity and support, one that values results, nourishes creativity and relishes - and rewards - each other’s success.
If home is where your heart is and making people happy is your passion, we welcome you to join our team of intrepid innovators, technology gurus, real estate experts and all-around great people at Offerpad! Check our current job postings below to see everything we have to offer!
Offerpad can offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing, startup environment
- Strong, collaborative team culture
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) matching program
- 40 paid volunteer hours annually
- Mileage reimbursement (where applicable for role)
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Flexible PTO