WHO WE ARE
We’re Talking Rain, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands, like Sparkling Ice and Talking Rain Sparkling Waters, creating connections with every sip! Want to get to know us better? Click to learn about us and our careers. You can also follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team. We empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our Technology team empowers Rain Makers to advance Talking Rain’s connections through constant modernization, education, and security. We’re not the type to say, ‘that’s the way it’s always been done,’ so come keep us at the forefront of emerging technologies.
You’ll lead the charge, defining strategy and partnering with your internal customers on solutions that change the way we work. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions to keep us at the front of open source Big Data management.
Reports to: Data Platforms Manager
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Big Data & Data Engineering, conducting and supporting white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed.
- Forge strong relationships with partners across Talking Rain, communicating effectively and collaboratively with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Deliver solutions leveraging both proven and emerging technologies (e.g., Databricks, Spark, Delta Lake, and Spline).
- Develop and optimize data pipelines, managing day to day maintenance and incremental scaling.
- Partner with our internal customers on data modeling needs (relational and dimensional).
- Complete data analysis in the support of Data Product development and ad-hoc EDA.
- Manage data workflow orchestration and automation.
- Productionalize and operationalize Data Products.
- Drive solution architecture and design of new Data Products.
- Optimize performance of environments and solutions.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and Safe Quality Foods practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
To help ensure a safe, positive work environment, this role may be subject to random drug testing (including alcohol, cannabinoids, cocaine, methamphetamine, opiates, phencyclidine).
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Management, Business, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience delivering technical engineering projects, following DevOps and git flow methods, and operating in an Agile delivery environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Big Data and Data Engineering, with hands-on technical experience in tools, libraries, and frameworks (e.g., Numba, Numpy, Koalas, and Pandas in Python, Delta Lake, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, Databricks, Scala).
- Advanced knowledge of relational, dimensional, and tabular data modeling principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of SQL for the use of data extraction, cleansing, and analysis.
- Highly refined communication skills, with the ability to speak both to technical engineers and executive stakeholders.
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You earn people’s trust with your ability to maintain confidentiality, particularly when handling sensitive information and situations.
- You’re driven. While you’re proud of where you’ve been, you’re more concerned with where you’re going.
- You’re curious, which means sometimes you push back, productively challenging the status quo.
- You’re approachable, which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You’re flexible, keeping your eyes on the prize and balancing priorities with grace under pressure.
WHAT WE OFFERNothing makes a great job even better than throwing in a few perks, and we want to equip our Rain Makers with everything they need to maintain their health and well being. That means things like...Three Weeks of Vacation.
And that's just to start. Spend some time with us, and you could get to six weeks!Six Weeks of Paid Parental Leave.
Moms and dads get to spend time at home bonding with their new addition (whether it arrives by birth, fostering, or adoption). We also have great short term disability coverage for birth mothers!401k with Immediate Vesting.
With matched contributions and investment customization, we'll help build a plan to reach your goals.Gym Onsite with Free Personal Trainers.
We're all about going the extra mile to keep our Rain Makers healthy and happy. We also provide reimbursements for community events and competitions like fun runs, triathlons, and cycling tours.Snacks.
Yes, we have snacks. Each building on campus is stocked with healthy snacks.Free Parking.
Whether you're driving a Prius, a Sprinter, or a minivan, we have a spot for you.Medical/Dental/Vision.
Not only we do we offer it, but our plans are excellent. Each is a PPO, and one is even free for Rain Makers!Please note, eligibility for our full benefits package is based on an average of 30+ hours per week.