Dynatrace exists to make software work perfectly. Our platform combines broad and deep observability and continuous runtime application security with advanced AIOps to provide answers and intelligent automation from data. This enables innovators to modernize and automate cloud operations, deliver software faster and more securely, and ensure flawless digital experiences. That is why the world’s largest organizations trust Dynatrace® to accelerate digital transformation.
A day in the life of a Data Analyst within Digital Business
The leadership team asks you to provide a detailed impact analysis report about a newly started Dynatrace product improvement initiative to derive strategic decisions for further investments.
After discussing the specific requirements and overall expectations, you are the end-to-end owner from inception to completion to deliver the requested insights. You connect with product, data science, data engineering, business and finance teams to understand which product-, financial-, customer-, and other data we have available, and determine the data gaps you need to close to reach the objective. Your natural curiosity leads you to ask the right questions and dig beyond the surface to find answers to more than the obvious.
You will dive right into our source systems, analyze raw data at a SQL level, uncover data inconsistencies, and create preliminary advanced Excel reports with visualizations, before you productize your findings in PowerBI, either yourself or with the help of an internal expert. If needed, you start an investigation to determine root causes for data inconsistencies and initiate and lead projects to clean up data and suggest processes to avoid future inconsistencies.
All along you are constantly managing stakeholders and presenting your findings and drive towards delivering a powerful and insightful automated report creating business value.
Does this resonate with you, and are you up for this rewarding challenge to support our data-driven mission? Then we have the right role for you in Barcelona.
Your role in the team
Deliver insightful data-driven reporting projects leveraging Excel and PowerBI
Work with product and solution leadership to develop actionable insights and recommendations based on data analysis
Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis in response to stakeholder requests
Uncover data gaps, drive process improvement projects to eliminate data inconsistencies, and define dataset requirements for our data engineering team
Propose Go-to-market initiatives and independently discover valuable insights based on the available raw data
Extract and join data from disparate sources using SQL and data analysis techniques to discover business and product insights
Degree in IT, statistics, economics, or related field
3+ years of experience analyzing data and building complex reports
Advanced Excel and SQL skills
Advanced experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI
Experience presenting to management
Experience in an international environment, working with stakeholders across departments a plus
High degree of analytical thinking and problem solving
Detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
High level of proficiency in English (C2)
Experience in R, Python, or other tools for advanced data analysis a plus
Experience working in a software company a plus
You will love this job if
you live and breathe data
you love to change and constantly challenge the status-quo
you are looking to have real business impact
an international environment is attractive to you
you are looking for a unique, start-up like culture in an established and publicly traded software company
you are a looking for a non-hierarchical and outcome-oriented company culture
What's in it for you?
- A one-product software company creating real value for the largest enterprises and millions of end customers globally, striving for a world where software works perfectly.
- Working with the latest technologies and at the forefront of innovation in tech on scale; but also, in other areas like marketing, design, or research.
- Working models that offer you the flexibility you need, ranging from full remote options to hybrid ones combining home and in-office work.
- A team that thinks outside the box, welcomes unconventional ideas, and pushes boundaries.
- An environment that fosters innovation, enables creative collaboration, and allows you to grow.
- A globally unique and tailor-made career development program recognizing your potential, promoting your strengths, and supporting you in achieving your career goals.
- A truly international mindset that is being shaped by the diverse personalities, expertise, and backgrounds of our global team.
- A relocation team that is eager to help you start your journey to a new country, always there to support and by your side.
- Attractive compensation packages and stock purchase options with numerous benefits and advantages.
Dynatracers come from different countries and cultures all over the world, speaking various languages. English is the one that connects us (55+ nationalities). If you need to relocate for a position you are applying for, we offer you a relocation allowance and support with your visa, work permit, accommodation, language courses, as well as a dedicated buddy program.
Seeing is believing. Check out our Dynatrace Barcelona Lab.