Mott MacDonald is looking for professionals to join our ever-expanding Asset Management and Engineering team based in Raleigh, NC. We are looking for enthusiastic graduates with a desire to pursue a career in infrastructure asset management.
The successful candidate will have completed a science-based degree program with extensive coursework in data analytics including knowledge in programming languages such as Python, R, and Matlab. Specific studies or experience in areas of civil engineering or an appreciation of civil engineering, especially in the transportation area such as roads and bridges, will be useful to the applicant since this work will initially concentrate in this area, but ultimately expand into other areas. The applicant should also be willing to apply skills learned in this core area to other infrastructure asset management such as pipelines, ports, and power. The successful applicant will learn easily and quickly after being hired and be able to apply their skills to helping clients develop models for projecting condition, risk, and performance metrics, under various scenarios of funding and other constraints, in order to find optimum investment strategies. This may require some travel to client sites across the country and possibly internationally, to meet and understand clients' needs, data and requirements. As the successful applicant gains experience, they will also need to be able to explain and visualize analyses for clients and connect these to high-level management and economic objectives of the client.
The work environment is project driven and will include a variety of assignments. This is a growth position for the right candidate. Immediate responsibilities may include, but may not be limited to:
- Statistical analysis of client and real-world data to identify trends and insights, and ultimately the development of predictive models for condition, performance, and risk metrics
- Handle data importing and ETL processes. Handle noisy and incomplete data to develop insights into
- Utilize relevant tools, libraries, and commercial asset management systems (AMS) software platforms to import data and configure asset management solutions for clients
- Perform what-if scenario analyses for clients under the general direction of senior consultants
- Work with clients and senior consultants to identify needs and develop sophisticated reporting tools and BI environments including dashboards
- Support Project Managers with discovery, reconciliation, and configuration design phases of assigned AMS implementation projects. Capture required documentation of meetings and key decisions under the general direction of the Project Manager
- Conduct on-site field inventory and condition surveys on infrastructure assets.
- Develop tools to provide quality assurance and quality control on asset inventory, condition, and metric data collected by others. Design QA/QC plans and processes for clients to assure and control data quality
- Support Project Managers with managing scope, schedule, and budget of assigned projects, coordinating with Mott MacDonald’s project management personnel as required for tracking progress and performance.
- Provide basic AMS software training to agency clients under the direction of a senior consultant.
- Conduct literature reviews and contribute subject matter expertise to research engagements undertaken by the division, deliver presentations, etc.
- Attain a working knowledge about aspects of specific asset types including:
- Asset maintenance, preservation, rehabilitation, and replacement actions for specific asset types of interest.
- Condition data collection and metric measurement techniques including automated and manual collection of data.
May include emerging techniques such as continuous monitoring, drone collection, GPR, LiDAR, use of satellite imagery, etc.
- Asset type performance metric modeling, including risk definition and modeling
- Decision tree/treatment trigger indicators
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
Hybrid working policy
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team, and personal commitments. We offer a hybrid working policy that embraces your well-being, flexibility, and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence