Under the direction of the department leadership team, the Healthcare Data Analyst III (HDA III) is responsible for leading and executing technical, analytical, and reporting efforts for the Finance Department that help drive company key initiatives.
The HDA III is a critical thinker who will engage with senior leaders to design well-constructed analyses derived from large data sets. He/she will work cross-functionally with department leaders to deliver actionable analyses/results.
The HDA III must have significant experience in designing relationship databases, complex query logic, and data modeling. In addition to technical data concepts, the HDA III must have significant experience in financial analysis or healthcare data analysis in a health plan setting (or equivalent healthcare organization).
The HDA III presents study/analysis results to various audience throughout the organization, including the leadership team. Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Serve as technical lead in analysis and reporting efforts that support the department in healthcare data analyses, including but not limited to, financial forecasting, costs and utilization reporting, and data modeling for healthcare data.
2. A critical thinker who will engage with senior leaders to design well-constructed analyses derived from large datasets in support of business needs.
3. Exercises timely and accurate data mining techniques and develops new or modifies existing reports that ensure consistent and congruent conclusions to data analysis.
4. Designs and enhances databases to support reporting and analysis needs, including testing, validating, and maintaining data integrity and accuracy, across multiple databases.
5. Use analytical skills to determine solutions and resolve problems.
6. Responsible for evaluating report requests to determine requestor’s needs and objectives, identifying correct methodology for extracting data including data sources and criteria, and ensuring the delivered report is accurate, timely, and formatted appropriately.
7. Significant participation and leadership in analysis, interpretation, and translating of complex health plan data, issues, trends, and relationships into effective strategies and action plans.
8. Responsible for managing assigned projects and effectively communicating with the leadership team any project deadlines that may be in jeopardy of being met, well in advance of the due date.
9. Present findings of analyses to various staff levels including executive team, leadership team and staff levels. Present results in formats that are easy to understand and appropriate to the audience.
10. Document and ensure assigned project / technical staff document all analysis / reporting projects following established protocols, ensuring replication of results by an independent reviewer.
11. Maintain an in-depth understanding of health plan operations, clinical functions, and revenue cycle processes and be able to correlate these activities to financial and statistical results.
12. Demonstrate a commitment to incorporate LEAN principles into daily work.
13. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others throughout the organization.
14. Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by the department leadership team. Supervisory Responsibilities Leading: Guides Others Experience Qualifications
6 - 10 years of relevant work experience.
Significant experience using quantitative data analysis to solve business problems. Demonstrated experience working with large data sets and relational database structures. Preferred Experience Education Qualifications
Master’s degree in Finance, Information Systems, Accounting, Economics or related field from an accredited institution required. Preferred Education Professional Certification Professional Licenses Drivers License Required No Knowledge Requirement
Working knowledge of data analysis, study methodology, and preparing professional documents. Significant understanding of statistical methods. Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, SQL, SAS, or other equiv. data program language are essential. Skills Requirement
Data analysis, data presentation, spread sheet and database capabilities. Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point required. Abilities Requirement
Strong problem-solving capability. Strong attention to detail. Ability to lead other technical staff towards accomplishing project deliverables within established deadlines. Ability to explain complex data analyses and findings in a way that is easy to understand and appropriate to the audience. Ability to present reports / data analysis findings in group settings, including leadership team. Ability to manage multiple projects with time-sensitive deadlines a must. Commitment to Team Culture
The IEHP Team environment requires a Team Member to participate in the IEHP Team Culture. A Team Member demonstrates support of the Culture by developing professional and effective working relationships that include elements of respect and cooperation with Team Members, Members and associates outside of our organization. Working Conditions Physical Requirements Keyboarding: 10-Key - FREQUENTLY Keyboarding: Touch-Screen - FREQUENTLY Keyboarding: Traditional - FREQUENTLY Hearing: One-on-One - FREQUENTLY Communicate: Information/ideas verbally - FREQUENTLY Regular and reliable attendance - CONSTANTLY Regular contacts: co-workers, supervisor - FREQUENTLY Memory - FREQUENTLY Understand and follow direction - FREQUENTLY Near Visual Acuity - FREQUENTLY Indoors - FREQUENTLY Lighting - CONSTANTLY Sitting - CONSTANTLY
Starting Salary: $97,843.20 - $124,758.40
Pay rate will commensurate with experience
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 2,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2 million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and Make a Difference with us! IEHP offers a Competitive salary and a benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and retirement plan.