Job Title: Business and Data Analyst
Location: Flexible, but must be able to attend a weekly meeting at our Head office in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: Up to £45,000 basic salary depending on experience, with the potential to earn a 10% performance related bonus on top
Hours: Full Time
Shifts: Shift pattern between the hours of 09:00-17:00 Monday - Friday
We’re part of The AA group, the nation’s number one motoring organisation. AA Insurance supports millions of customers with our products and services and is an essential part of our vision to make life easier for Britain’s drivers. This is the perfect time to join us to develop your career within the Insurance industry and for a well-established organisation!
Are you an analytical self-starter with previous business experience? Have an in-depth understanding in the use of SQL and building probability modelling?
We’re looking for someone to join our high performing Accident Assist team based out of our Tunbridge Wells site, dealing with in depth analysis of claims.
If you think you fit the bill or are currently in a similar role and are ready to take the next step and are looking to progress your career to the next level then we would love to hear from you!
This is the job
The Business & Data Analyst will contribute to the growth and development of the business by bringing a greater degree of sophistication and modelling skills to analysing accident cause codes, product profitability, third party insurer traits and customer behaviours in support of delivering AA Accident Assists business objectives.
What will I be doing?
- Support in the development and delivery of operational strategies that increase value through risk analysis of accident cause codes and financial recovery optimisation.
- Produce operational efficiency matrix, analysing and tracking where to target improvements, reduce leakage, and optimise customer and business outcomes.
- Help to build with Finance and maintain robust pricing models to facilitate the delivery of high-quality product margin analyses.
- Ensure data adequacy and cleansing is maintained to business standards. Rationalise and maintain efficiency of data extraction procedures for this purpose.
- Deliver analysis and MI on a timely basis to meet deadlines and ensure usability.
- Undertake competitor analysis as required, allowing for past market trends and modelling future scenarios.
- Provide analytics to support Business Case appraisals.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Analytical programming skills will be crucial (SQL, SAS, R, Python)
- Experience in probability modelling and writing MI reports is essential
- Demonstrated aptitude and capability to undertake statistical analysis in degree or prior work experience
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear manner.
- Ability to complete analysis, evaluate and work with colleagues across functions to mutual goals.
- A good team player.
- Commercially minded.
- Action-oriented and not afraid of trying new ideas.
- Careful attention to detail.
Education and Qualifications:
- A graduate with strong mathematical skills (2.1 classification or higher) and background in working in a business environment
Why should you work for us?
We are dedicated to your personal development. As a valued employee of The AA, you’ll have access to a range of benefits as well as learning and development opportunities, including:
- Range of flexible working options available including working from home and part time hours
- 25 days holidays a year
- A lifestyle scheme that gives you access to discounted shopping vouchers, cinema vouchers, gym membership, days out, holidays and more
- Staff Pension
- Our internal development programme for Emerging Talent
- A 50% discount on your AA membership, which becomes completely free after 12 months
- Discounts on wider AA products and services (Car insurance, home insurance etc…)
- Free onsite parking at our office
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social Committee
- Extra Mile – our Reward and Recognition scheme
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Click apply and start your application today!