At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Adoption of business analytics in client settings, where both structured and unstructured analytics are important.
- You are expected to have a combination of hands-on analytics expertise, client-facing consulting experience, and acumen for solving business problems using quantitative methods.
- Your responsibilities include application of hands-on analytics expertise and demonstration of thought leadership during consulting engagement that may be part of delivery project.
- Cognitive Data Scientists have experience in Quantitative methods, techniques and programming.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Formal training in or experiential learning of statistical methods and techniques
- Excellent Programming Skills in one of the two languages from following groups:
- Object-Oriented: Java / C++
- Procedural: Python / Perl / C/ Matlab / Octave / Fortran / Pascal
- Special Purpose: R / SAS / SPSS / Matlab / Octave / Rapid Miner / Weka / Mahout / Spark / LISP
- Streaming Data Analytics, Structured and Unstructured Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Systems
- Human Computer Interaction / Visualization
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
The role requires strong inter-personal, conflict resolution and collaboration skills. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills for effective leadership level interaction
Skills to analyze data, and interpret analysis results in business terms. This includes logical thinking, reasoning, hypothesis formulation, evidence based evaluation, quantitative approximation and intuitive cross-validation. Solid background of school-level mathematics is an absolute imperative. Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve.
- Information Management:
Skills to extract, transform, prepare and manipulate large datasets and unstructured content using standard RDBMS / SQL
Willingness to work across technologies and job locations, based on business need of the hour.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementWhen applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.