Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Processing and QC of high-resolution geophysical and pipeline data to provide geohazard and archaeological clearances in support of offshore drilling, field developments, pipeline inspection and engineering, decommissioning, and government and telecommunication projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing and QC of multibeam echosounder bathymetry and backscatter data
- 3D seismic data
- Proficiency in using Windows and Office applications
- Ability to work as a team player with others on the project
- Proactive in applying processing tools to improve data quality
- QC of side scan sonar, subbottom profiler, and magnetometer data
- Pipeline processing
- Laser point cloud processing
- Writing, reporting and editing skills
- Assist with and assemble final reports and digital data sets for shipment to client
- Proficiency in Unix operation systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A self-motivated individual who adapts quickly with today's virtual knowledge, self-disciplined with a work schedule remotely from home and/or another designated geographic area as needed to support the department needs.
- Possess adequate M365 Microsoft skills, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, and OneNote
- Able to work in a Hybride and/or Remote environment.
- Offshore experience in geophysical data processing
- Python or other programming abilities
- Qimera, NaviEdit, NaviModel, Postea, NavLab, Janus, ViewLS, FMGT, ArcMap, Global Mapper, Reflection, and 3D seismic software
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, And Other Characteristics
- Ability to use of basic computer programs and systems to effectively carry out the duties of the position.
- Organizes written ideas clearly. Tailors written communications to effectively reach an audience.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Reviews and checks the accuracy of information in work reports.
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.