Start date: June 7th, 2021
End Date: August 13th, 2021
Location: To ensure the health and safety of our colleagues, this position will be work-at-home.
Analytics & Behavior Change – Data Science Internship
Primary Work Location: New York, NY
CVS Caremark offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 13 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
Who we are:
CVS Health’s Analytics & Behavior Change team supports the organization’s health care businesses (Aetna and Caremark) by embedding deep analytic insights into key decision processes and focusing on our biggest, most complex problems. We use advanced analytics tools, modeling and machine learning to generate insights by leveraging data within a cutting-edge petabyte-scale Hadoop environment. We’re focused on creating new opportunities that drive transformation in areas such as digital health, member behavior change, provider efficiency, clinical products, and health care fraud detection and prevention.
Our goal is to make health care simpler, more affordable, and convenient. We are inspired to make a difference by connecting people to the information they need and helping our members feel the joy of achieving their best health in their own way. Our opportunities in Data Science and Data Engineering are designed to enhance your personal and professional growth and build the skills that will lead you to success. Analytics & Behavior Change has the feel of a fresh startup within a Fortune 5 company, and we’re looking for people who are motivated by solving tough challenges and a desire to drive change. Join us and help reimagine health care….one line of code at a time.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Analytics teams and business partners to understand their goals and objectives
- Use programming skills to explore, analyze and interpret large volumes structured and unstructured data
- Utilize predictive modeling and statistical analysis to determine analytical approaches and evaluate scenarios as well as potential future outcomes
- Generate insights connecting analytical results with business problems or objectives
- Present and provide recommendations to internal teams and stakeholders
- Support the design of programs/campaigns that will improve the quality of health care, lower costs, and help our members achieve their best health
You should have:
- Experience with data science techniques including mathematical and statistical analyses, modeling and data visualization
- Knowledge of R or Python and SQL
You should have:
- An ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to peers, managers, and business partners
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams
- A passion to help transform health care
You should have:
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree program with an anticipated graduation date between December 2021 and August 2022
- Preferred/relevant majors include Statistics/Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science/Health Data Science, Engineering
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.