Reporting to the Head of Analytics, you as Data Engineer will be supporting us with our ambitions in data analytics, predictive modelling and data quality improvements. You’ll help to support the ambitious growth & profitability targets. We have recently launched an to enhance the technical excellence in all core insurance domains like underwriting, sales, operations, and claims of all lines of business (Automotive, Travel, Assistance and Health).
As part of this initiative a team is developing state-of-the-art machine learning models in cooperation with the subject matter experts in the lines of business, hence we need you with your high expertise in building, enhancing and maintaining reliable and performant data pipelines to supply our analytical solutions.Key Responsibilities
As the data engineering expert you will be responsible for raw data analysis, for the design and implementation of data collection pipelines and data quality improvement, as well as for contributing to the core data model.
- Build data pipelines for holistic solutions to bring together data from various systems with different granularity to create a data environment which can be used for analytics and further applications, e.g., dashboards and reports
- Work on integration and harmonization of external data sources to augment our internal data
- Contribute to a global core data model and how to create, maintain and continuously refine and extend it
- Collaborate with business experts to understand our data and its quality, how it is generated and can be utilized
- Investigate new data technologies and collaborate with other Allianz Group functions and Operating Entities to adopt state-of-the-art technology in accordance with Group standards
- Participate in internal & interdisciplinary projects
- Collaborate with colleagues from international operating entities, hub functions as well as other Allianz
- Partners or Allianz Group departments on ad-hoc basis
Experience & Key Skills:
- University degree in a numerical field, preferably with a strong focus on Computer Science or Data Engineering or qualified by experience
- Excellent verbal and written English required; proficient German as well as additional foreign language skills are of advantage
- Proficient user of Python and SQL; additional programming languages and knowledge of BI tools of advantage
- Proven history of data model design and implementation
- Experience in developing in Python and SQL
- Ability to take over responsibility, develop concepts and drive models into implementation
- Willingness to think out-of-the box and search for external data to improve model quality
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment
- Intercultural sensitivity and international experience
- Highly developed interpersonal skills (i.e. communication, presentation and negotiation)
Strong internal candidate identifiedWhat We Offer
Our employees play an integral part in our success as a business. We appreciate that each of our employees are unique and have unique needs, ambitions and we enjoy being a part of their journey.
We are there to empower and encourage you with your personal and professional development ensuring that you take control by offering a large variety of courses and targeted development programs. All that in a global environment where international mobility and career progression are encouraged. Caring for your health and wellbeing is key priority for us. This is why we build Work Well programs to providing you with peace of mind and give the flexibility in planning and arranging for a better work-life balance.
Allianz Partners is a world leader in B2B2C insurance and assistance, offering global solutions that span international health and life, travel insurance, automotive and assistance. Customer driven, our innovative experts are redefining insurance services by delivering future-ready, high-tech high-touch products and solutions that go beyond traditional insurance.
Our products are embedded seamlessly into our partners’ businesses or sold directly to customers, and are available through four commercial brands: Allianz Assistance, Allianz Automotive, Allianz Travel and Allianz Care. Present in 75 countries, our 21,100 employees speak 70 languages, handle over 71 million cases each year, and are motivated to go the extra mile to offer peace of mind to our customers around the world.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Great to have you on board. Let's care for tomorrow.