At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Cognos Developer, you will apply your deep expertise in design & development, as well as code fix and testing Cognos applications.
An ambitious individual who can work under your own direction towards agreed targets and goals, you have an ability to manage change and to work under stress. You are curious to learn as demonstrated by your up-to-date technical knowledge.
You are a good team player and you are familiar with Agile methodologies and principles and/or have experience working in an Agile team. We seek an applicant who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun, spirited, collaborative environment; an individual who desires creative freedom and the opportunity to work in a high performing team.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, development and deployment of multi-dimensional reports using the Cognos Business Intelligence solution
- Creating, enhancing and maintaining Framework Manager models to support business requirements
- Work with business users to design and develop Cognos BI 10.1 reports using Report Studio with data drill-down and slice-and-dice options
- Technical writing and postproduction support through understanding the client’s Statement of Work
- Develop and perform tests on various enterprises and provide dashboard solutions with help of Cognos software and assist all end users.
- Coordinate with data architecture and modelling team to design databases and prepare reports for same.
- Investigate and resolve all data issues and analyse all business requirements and perform interview with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate with all customers and analyse test queries and analyse client issues and assist all application analysts to translate all workflow requirements to efficient data points.
- Prepare all designs and code for various Cognos reporting objects and ensure compliance to all best business practices in industry.
- Schedule and ensure compliance to all design code and test activities and prepare plans for same and design various dashboards and maintain required framework for all processes.
- Monitor work and ensure optimal utilization of all SQL scripts and documents all database requirements and analyse data anomalies and prepare reports for cycle.
- Prepare all documents for reporting objects and monitor and resolve all desk ticket issues and perform troubleshoot on all Cognos objects to prepare reports and ensure compliance to all schedule.
- Perform troubleshoot on all Cognos helpdesk tickets and resolve all queries for content and prepare standard reports and ensure accuracy of same.
- Provide support to all Cognos issues and maintain knowledge on all new techniques and prepare reports for all warehouse functions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience in Cognos BI tool along with minimum 4+ years’ experience in BI development
- Experience in IBM Cognos (version 8 to 11.0.13) Framework Manager, Report Studio and SDK
- Working knowledge on Data warehousing concepts, ETL concepts, DB2 (SQL, PLSQL).
- Experience on Eclipse, Ant, Test Automation experience will be added advantage
- Ability to suggest solutions for technical improvements, process improvements, innovative solutions and suggest
- Expertise to translate high level design to detail technical design and implementation
- Proficient in Code Reviews – Sonar, PMD, JUNIT, Performance, Memory Management
- Exposure to web services (WSDL or WADL), concepts and implementation, Oracle/Sybase/SybaseIQ
- Validated experience BI/Data warehousing and understanding in dimensional modelling.
- Solid experience in database concepts, sqls and any ETL tool is added advantage
- In-depth knowledge on Motio CI for version control and management of reports across environments such as Development, Testing and Production.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience creating Cognos Framework Manager models and with Oracle PL/SQL coding and tuning
- Hands-on experience with a data modelling tool such as ERwin or ER Studio
- Conceptual understanding of Data Warehousing and Data Marts
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.