We are looking for a Microsoft Azure Data Engineer who will be responsible for developing and maintaining the data architecture, data models and standards for various Data Integration & Data Warehouse projects in Azure. Ensure new features and subject areas are modelled to integrate with existing structures and provide a consistent view. In addition, develop and maintain the documentation of the data architecture, data flow, and data warehouse data models appropriate for both technical and business audiences.
- Design and develop ETL pipelines in and out of a data warehouse using Azure Data Factory (ADF)
- Ability to write SQL queries against Azure SQL Database / Synapse.
- Provide production support for Azure SQL Database / Synapse issues such as data load problems, transformation, and translation problems.
- Integration of on-premises infrastructure with cloud (Microsoft Azure) infrastructure.
- Effectively translate requirements for Business Intelligence, Reporting and Analytics to database modelling and design.
- Ability to understand data pipelines and modern ways of automating data pipelines using cloud-based and on-premises technologies.
- Actively test and document implementations, so others can easily understand the requirements, implementation, and test conditions.
- Partner with the Data Architects, Product Managers and Scrum Masters to deliver data integrations solutions required for various projects.
- Ensure effective technical and project documentation across all phases of delivery.
- Comprehensive, hands-on experience working as a Microsoft Azure Data Engineer. Ideally, a minimum of 3 years in Data Warehousing, ETL/ELT, BI, and Analytics projects.
- Must have experience with at least one (1) end to end implementation of an Azure Cloud Data Warehouse and two (2) end to end data warehouse implementations.
- Expertise in data modelling, ELT using ADF, implementing complex views, stored procedures and standard DWH and ETL/ELT concepts.
- Extensive design and implementation experience in Azure cloud data platform and modern data warehousing. Including aspects such as Security, Azure Logging and Monitoring, Azure Databricks, Synapse, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Database, Azure Analysis Services, Power BI
- Deep understanding of relational and NoSQL data stores, methods, and approaches (star and snowflake, dimensional modelling).
- Experience with data security and data access controls and design.
- Proficiency in RDBMS, complex SQL queries, database performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Commercial experience with full-stack MS Power BI modelling (M code), Dax, data storytelling, report publishing, security, and knowledge of how people make decisions with data.
- Provide resolution to an extensive range of complex data pipeline-related problems proactively and as issues surface.
- Must have experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience working directly with technical and business teams.
- Strong written communication skills. Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication.
One51 Consulting is home to the collective knowledge and experience of diverse backgrounds but like-minded individuals.
At the core of our culture, we value:
- A passion for what we do: We believe in the positive impact data and analytics can have in the data-driven organisation and individual.
- Trust goes a long way: This starts with our employees and extends by nature to our clients. We are committed to building long-term partnerships based on trust, clear communication, and understanding.
- Creativity and curiosity: Simple solutions to complex problems are possible when the solution design focuses on solving problems and is supported by the correct use of previous experiences and the appetite to keep learning every day.
At One51, you will have the opportunity to work with companies in different business sectors in a relaxed and supportive environment.
One51 uses a hybrid working arrangement – primarily working from home, with optional office days scheduled 1-2 days per week at our Sydney office.