Haier is the number one brand of Major Appliances in the world with 9.7 percent of global market share. Headquartered in Qingdao, Haier has over 80,000 employees across 30 countries in the world.
Haier Singapore is one of the holding companies under Haier Group. As the integrated regional centre, Haier Singapore is the main platform to provide procurement, trading, R&D and big data supports to over 80 countries in Asia, Europe, Africa and North America markets.
As the continuous demands from global businesses, we are looking for passionate and creative Data Scientist to join our big data team.
Based in Singapore, you will be part of the global big data team and provide data analysis support to Haier businesses in the world.
- Execute research and analytics, including data sources identification, processing, model/algorithm development, turning insights into actionable recommendation, presenting actionable recommendation and drive actions to business value creation.
- Mentor junior data scientists and data analyst.
- Participate in and lead advanced analytic capability building program.
- Be creative problem-solver using Big Data, Machine Learning and other advanced analytics skill alongside leadership and direct engagement of business users.
- Design research and analytic frameworks in the context of overall project objectives such as (but not limited to) media effectiveness, consumer engagement, business model optimization, etc.
- Collaborate actively and effectively with other functions partners and leaders to accomplish project objectives.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Have more than 2 years’ experience for data scientist.
- Master degree and above, major Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or similar field focused on quantitative methods.
- Demonstrated skills for data mining, machine learning, text analytics or streaming data
- Demonstrated leadership and strong analytics skills in applying techniques to deliver actionable insights from data. Has a passion for solving unstructured business problems through analytics.
- Demonstrated strong learning capability on new business knowledge, business processes, analytics tools/techniques and methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence business partners to turn insights into actions.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within teams.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of Hadoop (Cloudera distribution), Hive / Impala, Spark, Python, R, SAS, Greenplum is a plus.