Interested by this assignment?
Don't hesitate to apply!
For more information: email@example.com
Experience, Knowledge & Soft Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency / publication record in one or more of the following areas:
- computational and molecular epidemiology
- bioinformatics and genomics
- systems vaccinology and immuno-informatics
- data mining and machine learning
- computational / dynamic modelling
- high performance scientific computing infrastructures
- Preferably minimum 3 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry with proven track record designing, leading, and managing complex computational research projects in a large organisation
- Capability of working independently on multiple projects, and ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines
The activity requires a broad and thorough knowledge of biological systems including subjects related to molecular biology, in order to assess the relevance of any scientific and technical information
- Strong interest and experience in biological data analysis and scientific software development
- Experience in software development, maintenance and user support
- The ability to integrate tools into pipelines and workflows and optimize their interoperability, efficiency, usability and portability
- Thorough experimental knowledge in molecular biology, especially about use of Next Generation Sequencing Technologies in diverse contexts (Virology, Bacteriology, Cell Biology)
- Proficiency using R and Bioconductor packages, at least one scripting language (Python, Perl), and SQL
- Experience working with Linux high performance compute clusters and cloud-based computing platforms
- Working knowledge of commercial and publicly available biological databases including NCBI, Ensembl, ArrayExpress/GEO, SRA, TCGA, 1000 Genomes etc.)
Strong problem-solving skills, profound background in scientific software development and analysis workflow management.
- She/he will be well organized, open-minded, able to work on different projects in parallel, and have a user-orientated spirit.
- She/he should have good communication skills in English and an open, proactive personality to work in a team of young international researchers.
- High learning ability
- Autonomous, resilient with an execution focus
- Flexibility, tenacity, curiosity and strong logical approach to problem solving
- Effective time management, ability to clearly identify priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment under high pressure situations
- Open to interact with other client departments such as Quality Control and Analytical R&D
- Enthusiastic, positive approach with an open mind for local/global issues
- Curious and agile by nature
Education, Methodology & Certification Requirements
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) in bioinformatics, computer science or life sciences
- Good knowledge in Virology and Bacteriology
ICT Skills (software, operating systems, hardware, etc.)
- Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Familiar with MS Office package
Language Proficiency Requirements
- English Fluent
- French is a plus
Consulting mission until minimum the end of December 2021
We offer an attractive salary with extra-legal advantages :
Meal vouchers of 7 euros gross per working day
Reimbursement km or company car
Monthly allowance (50 euros net per month)
A 13th month
A rate as freelance is also possible
Our client is a global vaccine research, development and production company, that employs over 11,200 people worldwide, of which 7,500 in its three Belgian sites: Rixensart, Wavre and Gembloux.
Purpose of the Mission (project & department description)
The new Global Quality (GQC&PQ) organisation have the goal to bring innovation, integrated capabilities and speed to our customers through an empowered team that deliver results and enable network success.
Within GQCPQ, the Global Quality Subject Matter Experts (GSME) team drives Transversal Innovation through Center of Excellence for GSME Vaccine
Project is to support the bioinformatic deployment of the Next Generation Sequencing technology for QC release of commercial products, as well as the IT environment readiness.
The Bioinformatics expert missions are:
1. To run and develop bioinformatics pipelines and tools to facilitate the analysis of massive High-throughput sequencing data for Vaccines QC (Primary skill).
2. To work hand by hand with local QC to ensure the informatic and IT readiness of the QC environment and to map GMP requirements for the implementation of NGS for QC release (Secondary skill)
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
The main focus of the role will be developing / creating new, and optimising existing, large scale analytical pipelines for the analysis of many NGS samples, taking charge of pipeline development and other analytical projects to ensure delivering of high-quality results.
He/she is able to use and develop state-of-the-art bioinformatics and data analysis tools to perform:
- Bioinformatics/data analytics activities for Vaccines QC;
- Data and knowledge integration for hypothesis generation;
- Data modelling for innovative assays, high-dimensional readouts and microbial genomics;
- Development of tailored systems and analytical models;
- Development of analysis pipelines using combinations of heterogeneous, high dimensional datasets and tools;
- Advice on experiment design, readout selection and data formats, data analysis strategies;
- Preparation and publication of scientific papers and congress reports, as well as synthesis NGS data for internal technical teams and reports
In addition, he/she will:
- Map GMP requirements for the implementation of NGS in QC
- Support the validation of the bioinformatics pipelines
- Ensure the readiness of the informatic and IT environment for NGS use in QC release
- Ensure knowledge management and optimal communications
- Have an innovative approach to problem solving and be able to work both independently and as part of a larger team.